Trusted Contributor

MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

[ Edited ]

The new season just started,  Let's DISCUSS this new season without spoilers or with very limited spoilers.

The outcome of most MAFS seasons is, intentionally or unintentionally, revealed far too soon here, it's much more enjoyable to watch and chat about the five couples without all that. 

I like to hear which brides and grooms you like, who you like together and why.  Also who you don't like and what you THINK will happen next.  I like hearing everyones' OPINIONS.  I didn't watch the first show yet but I'll catch up with y'all later today.

Regular Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON 2022

I posted this on the other thread - the Kevin Frasier special is on tonight.  Next week is wedding prep and then the weddings in 2 weeks.

Thank you for creating a "no spoilers" thread.  Good idea to have two, so those who want to know ahead of time can, and those who don't want to know aren't tempted to look.

I look forward to discussing the new season as it goes along, and here is hoping it is a whole lot better than the last one.  Would definitely like to see some successes and much less drama.

Esteemed Contributor

THANK YOU!!!  decaf for this thread.  

It is a bit early to tell who will and who won't.  Also, it is hard to get a good take on personalities and so on, but here goes:

Alyssa (animal rescuer ?) and Chris (realtor):  He has a flat personality at least so far.  I am not sure if there will be an immediate attraction, but maybe later?

Noi and Steve:  Can't remember what she does, but he doesn't have a job and that would be a major turn off.  He seems like a slick guy, a real manipulator.  

Jasmina and Michael:  He is admittidly not a good communicator.  She said her last two relationships didn't work out because the guys didn't communicate.  Good job, "experts".

Katrina and Olajuwon:  Beautiful looking couple.  Don't really have a strong feeling about them yet.

Lindsey and Mark:  She seems desperate and over the top.  He has a lot on his plate.....mother and grandmother in long term care and he has 3 businesses.  Hey, maybe she will pitch in and be a real help mate.  

I think the "experts" put on the real effort (?) of mentioning pets this time.   So obvious that Dr. Cal doesn't like cats. Anyway, I hope that more went into the matching process than what they showed last night.  

And so it begins~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bayflwc  Thanks for the heads up on the Kevin Frazier show tonight, I didn't even know that was on.  I thought it was going straight to the wedding prep and weddings next week.

I've watched (and DH too) since the first season and it sure seems the emphasis is now on drama and less on the success of the marriages.  I wish they'd go back to the original premise of the show, matching personalites that will provide the best outcome for the two individuals.  At least a little. 

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs  Thanks for the your initial take on the five couples.  I always find your your posts insightful, they're always very fun and interesting to read.

I didn't know another show was on tonight, now I really need to catch up!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@decaf I love this crazy show, so I definitely watched the start of the new season. Everyone seems so perfect to begin with....and then you get to know them better! I love it at the start with everybody so  hopeful.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: MAFS (NO SPOILERS) BOSTON- Jan. 2022

@Goldengate8361  ITA- when they're all playing so innocent and goodie two shoes, until the cracks start to appear.   It's like 90 Day Fiance, they used to choose normal individuals, not anymore.  I want to root for a real couple, people really invested in this.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@bayflwc  Thanks for the heads up on the Kevin Frazier show tonight, I didn't even know that was on.  I thought it was going straight to the wedding prep and weddings next week.

I've watched (and DH too) since the first season and it sure seems the emphasis is now on drama and less on the success of the marriages.  I wish they'd go back to the original premise of the show, matching personalites that will provide the best outcome for the two individuals.  At least a little. 

@decaf  I wish it would go back to prior format too.  They used to show more of the exercises that the experts would give the couples to do that would actually help them communicate and get to know their partners which would help build a good foundation for the relationships.  I found that to be a lot more interesting than the fueling of the drama that is done now.  A lot of those techniques could apply to everyone, and could be utilized to better our own relationships.

Not every couple is going to be a fairy tale like Anthony and Ashley (my overall favorite couple).  I believe those exercises were instrumental in helping some of the other couples (who are still together, like Shawnice and Jefte) work through their issues and build a stronger relationship.  They still have issues, but they also have the tools to fix things.

Unfortunately I fell asleep and missed the Kevin Frasier special last night, but have it recorded and will watch before next week.  This season I'm going to really try to resist the spoilers and just watch it all unfold week to week.  This way I can get my own take on what transpires without preconceived notions.

Again, I am hoping this will be a much better season than the last two.  One can hope anyway.....

Trusted Contributor

@bayflwc wrote:

@decaf wrote:

@decaf  I wish it would go back to prior format too.  They used to show more of the exercises that the experts would give the couples to do that would actually help them communicate and get to know their partners which would help build a good foundation for the relationships.  I found that to be a lot more interesting than the fueling of the drama that is done now.  A lot of those techniques could apply to everyone, and could be utilized to better our own relationships.

Not every couple is going to be a fairy tale like Anthony and Ashley (my overall favorite couple).  I believe those exercises were instrumental in helping some of the other couples (who are still together, like Shawnice and Jefte) work through their issues and build a stronger relationship.  They still have issues, but they also have the tools to fix things.

Unfortunately I fell asleep and missed the Kevin Frasier special last night, but have it recorded and will watch before next week.  This season I'm going to really try to resist the spoilers and just watch it all unfold week to week.  This way I can get my own take on what transpires without preconceived notions.

Again, I am hoping this will be a much better season than the last two.  One can hope anyway.....

@bayflwcI forgot all about those exercises they gave the couples, even though they may have seemed silly to the couples at the time, they were quite effective at getting them over some bumps in the road.

I'm not doing any better than you, I watched the first show dozing on and off and watched only the first 15 minutes of Kevin's show.  I can't tell you one name out of the 10 soon to be married singles

I was looking at these men and women and trying to see who authentically wants a real marriage.  I'm not finding a lot of maturity or depth, my initial impression is most have the usual ulterior motives. 

Maybe Mark(?) truly wants this, but he's so intense.  I don't get the impression his bride (I don't know her name) is truly in this for the right reason, maybe she'll surprise me.

Why were these singles picked?  They all seem to have problems and baggage, the professionals could find only nine singles in Boston who had a job?  Huge red flag, Mr. Unemployed should never have been chosen. That situation is difficult in a solid marriage, let alone a new, arranged marriage

The horse woman seems to be quite bougie and she won't be attracted to her new groom.  Actually, they look a bit alike in a weird kind of way,  at least to me. 

I'll see what hits me about the others after I watch Kevins show, I should also rewatch parts the first one.

Trusted Contributor

The last two seasons were such duds, except for all the drama. I'm not really into that, it's not the reason why I watch.  I have all the 90 Day Fiance franchises for that. Not one successful matchup from last season at all.  Instead we had a MAFS first when Bao and Zach coupled up near the end of the season (or so they said). The three "professionals" should be hanging their heads or replaced instead of commenting how good they are at this. They're full of themselves now. 

Right away I'm concerned for this season too.  I have bad feeling about all of these men, just bad vibes all of them have problems.  They're not even boyfriend, material let alone husband material.  I don't think any of these women are going to like what they get.