Respected Contributor

who are these people/

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I didn't watch the season they were on.  What was her role?  She is a professor of psychiatry and pediatrics so I imagine she wasn't counseling them?   Did she evaluate them?

@Wsmom - Dr. Jessica was one of the "experts" (like the marital/sexual one) for this season and a few others. This was after Lifetime took over the show and, IMO, started going for the shock factor. 

Jon was matched with Molly, who never gave him a chance and constantly belittled him. 

During the show Jon secretly recorded Molly yelling at him and insulting him while they were at a bar. That's when Jessica stepped in and berated Molly for the way she was treating Jon. Of course they split at DD.

After the show finished filming and broadcasting we found out Jessica and Jon were in a relationship. IIRC it was about 8 mos. after it finished airing. That is when they both emphasized the experts have little contact with the couples. There are other "experts" behind the scenes who interact with them daily. And they each have a producer assigned just to each one of them. 

The experts do watch ALL of the footage and interact with the couples based on that and on the behind-the-scenes experts' opinions.

Molly was definitely not a favorite of the fans and received a lot of unkind remarks on social media. She has said it was hard at first, but now she just ignores it.

Jessica and Jon planned to marry, then the pandemic hit. They've been together a long time and have a regular podcast. Jessica , 45, has 3 young sons. Jon is 34. 

Here's something interesting I found, written by Jessica when she left the show. These are just selections from her goodbye post. She really says a lot about what goes on if you read carefully!

" Working on these shows was challenging, intellectually stimulating, and a lot of fun- until it wasn't. I have often said on TV: You have to take extraordinary risks to find extraordinary love. Ironically in the course of helping people find love, I met my future husband (albeit, so we're clear, there was nothing between us until we reconnected, platonically, 8 months after we finished filming. I went immediately to production and offered to step down. Instead I was put on 3 subsequent cycles of shows/spin-offs.) For many different reasons which I'm not at liberty to discuss, it's time for me to go in another direction in endeavors that allow me to use the breadth of my credentials and the depth of my heart. Work that allows me to use my voice- where I don't feel silenced. Work that hires me for my credentials and allows me to actually use them. Although ratings are extremely important in TV,and I get it, people matter more to me. Most importantly, I did it for the love stories. I didn't do it for the ratings." 

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

the same reasons Dr. Viviana quit.

@Mmsfoxxie - IMO Dr. Viviana didn't quit. I think she enjoyed being on the show, and has said she enjoyed working with the others.

I read she left because the producers wanted to "take the show in another direction." The official word was "she left to pursue other projects." They wanted to bring on DeVon Franklin and Dr. Pia Holec.

I like Dr. Viviana and I think she brought a lot to the show. I think we only saw the new "experts" once or twice each. 

IMO I think they should keep just Pepper and Cal and call it a day!   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info, @beach-mom .

Between Dr. Viviana and these two we had this season I would take  Viviana any day.  Those two were a waste of time IMO.  Really at this point they all are.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for posting the info about the marriage and the beautiful picture!  I hope it works out for them and they have a long and happy marriage!  It warms my heart!  I always liked Dr. Viv.  And I felt Jonathan got a raw deal with mean girl, Molly.  I do hope, however, the Molly has learned some things from this and that she, too, finds her true love.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Oh, my!  Looks like Dr. Jessica has a new addition to her chest, lol.  ForverYoung!

E215F4F7-87A4-44B5-BB6D-8C01DCCC9F2D.jpeg

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)