Super Contributor

I was so ready for this MAFS-Denver season to start, but now that it's here I can't seem to get into it. I'm not sure if it's the people they chose or what it is, but like I think @Mmsfoxxie said "I can't find one couple I'm actually rooting for. 

Those previews seem to be all "doom and gloom" too, moreso than usual. A wife that commits adultery, a partner who's a lush, (gee how many more times do we get to see that, and it seems to always be the female partner, you notice that?), a snowmobiling accident in the mountains of Colorado that looks devastating, they do manage to show the worst of the worst early on.

I'm wondering if the producers think they can captivate their viewing audience with these "debby downer" previews? For me it's a turn off and I almost feel like "why watch if they're all doomed from the get go??!! 

We shall see I guess.

Honored Contributor

Of course, everything for the most part is all sunshine and roses at the wedding receptions.  The not so great stuff usually starts appearing during the honeymoons!  I already have so many negative opinions about most of the couples.  Yes, the previews are never accurate depictions of what is actually going on - same thing with the after party.  I think I am going to stop watching that.  I did see where Dr. Pepper seems to be putting it out there to the groom whose bride didn't want to marry him, about whether he would be interested in trying it again.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

I finally got caught up on all the episodes to date, and my initial reaction to the four couples that did make it down the aisle is that they seem to be off to a good start.  They all appeared to have things in common and interacted well at the weddings.  Still too early to tell how it will play out though.  The honeymoons usually bring out the first incompatabilities, so next week should be interesting.

Regarding the previews, I have to agree with @ciao_bella that they are highly edited and tend to mis-represent what is really going on.  They like to present things out of context to get us to think the worst is going to happen.  We shall see.

Overall I think they all make nice couples with good potential.  Not going to say at this point whether they all will make it or not.

Honored Contributor

The editing of previews can be borderline lies, lol.  How can there be cheating when the couples are together almost 24/7?  I'm beginning to feel that MAFS realizes that the show can't stand on it's own merit so they have to kick it up a notch with misleading edits.  It's early still but I have the lowest incentive to watch ever.  Lucky for them, my Wednesday nights are free.  Anybody know how tall Clare's husband (Brennan?) is?

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie , as I recall you follow MAFSfan on IG?  Did you see the "Passing the phone" clip she posted of the girls?   Very cute.  

For anybody else interested, it is MAFSfan on IG.  The pic to click on is the first one with the close-up of Emily.  But be careful not to click on anything with "spoilers" because she has the decision day spoilers posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom, I missed that so I'll have to run by over and look.  (Some of those pictures change way too fast to see).  I did see spoilers and ohhhh, boy!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie if it is gone from the stories it is in the posts also.

And yep yep yep!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom, I saw the phone tag at first but it was on mute.  Cute.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Wsmom, I saw the phone tag at first but it was on mute.  Cute.

@Mmsfoxxie , Clearly the girls are having fun with the way they are being portrayed.  Hopeful we will at least have some good girlfriend scenes throughout the season.  

Honored Contributor

@bayflwc 

You are more hopeful than me!  Some times people they choose seem so set in their ways and have such strong personalities, that even though they may have some things in common, they just don't seem able or willing to tolerate the foibles of their mates or want to make the compromises necessary to succeed in the marriage.  It is hard to accept the fact that you are no longer calling all the shots and that you need to consider the wants and needs of another person --- even when you know the other person, it's not always easy! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin