Regular Contributor

The new season started last night so I thought I would get a new thread started.  I recorded and did not watch yet so will post comments after I've seen it.  As @GypsyVanner  said, I hope the whole gang will be here to share their thoughts.

Here's hoping it will be a better season than the last few.

Honored Contributor

@bayflwc, I watched last night.  All I can say is I'm glad to have my Wednesday night program back.  But I don't think the couples are gonna be even as good as the season 16 matches.  One bride has already bailed out.  Makes me wonder how that happened when Alyssa was held to her contract and had to stay.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Re: MAFS - Denver

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie   Good morning and thank you for getting this new season started. I watched last night too, and it's hard to say what this season will be like.  None of them 'stood out' for lack of better words.  

As far as one bride bailing, I'm guessing,  but I think it might be in their contract that they must complete the season 'if' they actually get married.  I'm assuming, but could be wrong,  this bride got cold feet prior to the ceremony and bailed out before the 'I do'.  

There were a few snippets last night that showed some of last season's cast making predictions about this season.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella ....aha......that might be it.  Alyssa went through with the marriage before calling her lawyer trying get out of it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@bayflwc  I recorded it and watched it this am. Really curious who bailed. How embarrassing for everyone. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

DH and I watched last night; however, I ended up dozing off during part of it.

Count me in to share my thoughts to our little group here.  I enjoy reading all of your thoughts, etc.

Respected Contributor

There were a few who seemed serious about being married but like always, some seem to bring self-interest to the marital table.  I expect a painful season.

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS - Denver

[ Edited ]

okay I will write in more detail when I've watched it again. (Yes good old recorder was working overtime), but I'm already confused about a few things-----

Namely:

Okay bear with me because I'm winging it on the name here---what's with only matching up four couples and not the 5th, leaving Michael without anyone, or the viewers wondering who she is..?

Also ...I'm going to go by what people are wearing and guess (not a spoiler, a speculative guess only, that Emily of Emily and Brennan is the bride ( not having said their vows, so unmarried bride that is), is the one that exits stage right.

I'm simply looking at the parents that accompany this bride upon entry and exit and Emily's Mom was seen both times in that bright red plaid outerwear and that's who I narrowed it down to. Not fair for Brennan and I wonder how they handle this? He deserves to have the alternate step in as this scenario is getting old and is only going to keep happening in the future if they don't [n..i...p.. it in the bud] now.   It reeks of sheer stupidity when they say.."I can't marry a stranger" and exit acting totally rattled and so not ready for this experiment.

That tells me that these contestants (the exiting bride in particular) lied through their teeth to get this far. 

edited to add: since when is n..i..p.. it in the bud" given the *** rating?? OKay  [  " They need to address the issue!]  that better?                                                                                Is it pehaps less offensive and ear numbing? good grief!

Trusted Contributor

@GypsyVanner wrote:

... Not fair for Brennan...

It reeks of sheer stupidity when they say.."I can't marry a stranger" and exit acting totally rattled and so not ready for this experiment.

That tells me that these contestants (the exiting bride in particular) lied through their teeth to get this far. 

I agree 100% - Especially since the whole premise of the show is "Marrying (a Stranger) at First Sight" Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Has anyone watched the latest episode with Kevin Frasier and the "so called pros" trying to predict who will stay together and who will get divorced?

Of course, Nicole/Chris were there and she had to have her say, along with another couple that I can't recall their names.

Apparently Beth and Jamie are no longer together which doesn't surprise me.

I'm waiting for the actual marriage process begins and could do without the footage of them finding their gowns, etc.  I have more interest in that than the other filler stuff.