Honored Contributor

I tried to edit my posts but for some reason I don't seem to be able to!  Anyway, DH was watching this with me and I asked him --- even if a woman were very attractive but she was acting the way this woman was acting, very aggressive, licking her chops practically, being so effusive in her compliments and nearly throwing herself in your lap, would you like this and be drawn to this?  He said emphatically -- NO!  He said he found this behavior very offputting and unattractive and he would not be drawn to it at all!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

What do you think of the 2 latest couples that were married?  Everyone seemed to be rather upset about the one man being from Texas!  I think they had an opinion that everyone from Texas was loud, gun toting and had a certain political affiliation and it really had them stressed out!  Kind of an old fashioned and narrow minded way of thinking!  Give the guy a chance for a goodness sake.  As for the other couple, at first sight at the altar it looked good, they seemed to like each other and were giggling like 2 little kids.  However, I think he soon grew weary of her giggling and giddiness -- kind of too much for him!  Then him admitting that he thought she was beautiful but not attracted to her.  It was sad to see the way she just kind of deflated.  The previews from the next show look very interesting.  Things seem to get real!  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 , we watched last night.  The scene(s) about where he is from was one of those scenes where we rewound it to make sure we could hear it again along with how both mom/bride, etc. reacted.  It was soooooooooo awkward IMO.

Frankly, I didn't care for the bride's attitude one iota - she came off to me as a diva.  And with her "clock" running out of time, I suspect she'll want to make those babies quickly LOL.

The last couple was also interesting and I, too, would quickly tire of her giggly personality, especially when first meeting.

I guess next week, we'll see the start of all of their "journeys".

Valued Contributor

I thought the 2nd bride was absolutely beautiful when she came down the aisle. But yes, her "high energy" would wear on me. 

Now for the 1st bride, I think she's desparate to make a baby and I can't help but feel that the husband may become a "throw away" after the fact.

Respected Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

I thought the 2nd bride was absolutely beautiful when she came down the aisle. But yes, her "high energy" would wear on me. 

Now for the 1st bride, I think she's desparate to make a baby and I can't help but feel that the husband may become a "throw away" after the fact.

@Eager2Learn , regarding your 2nd paragraph, we agree 100%.  IMO, she's marrying for the wrong reasons.  She comes across desperate and what I found interesting is that she (and her family) had problems with where he is from. 

You could see the looks on their faces when he said where he used to live; that was very telling.  Then all of a sudden, things changed after she found "other info" out. 

What I found "off putting" is how she was standing in front of the mirror talking about how $ comes easy to her.  IMO, she loves herself way too much.  And I do not see her being a great mother to his child.  JMO.  They seem to have some real doozies on this show.

Honored Contributor

I am yet to remembering names.  The couple with the guy from Texas - well, they, I guess got intimate.  I was shocked when he began telling her that he was not pleased with her performance at all and was telling her something to the affect at how good he was at "it" and that he got more out of a one night stand than he did out of her!  OMG -- disgusting!  He really thinks highly of himself and his so-called "skills"!!!  

And then the other couple -- where he told her he found her attractive but that one part of his anatomy (but he used a very tacky word for it) was not in accord with his brain!  Yuck!  And so hurtful to her! 

Goodness!  I think it is right to be honest but why do they have to be so hurtful and ignorant????? 

Then, the one couple where they where doing a pottery class and personally, I felt he was just trying to be playful.  He touched her hand with some clay and was laughing and she threw some on his face and then he did the same and then it went back and forth.  I really think he was just trying to get her to lighten up and have some fun and she just went off the deep end.  Then, when he was trying to talk to her, she kind of went into some kind of nasty, bullying tactic -- saying something like -- go off and have a good cry -- boo-hoo, etc.  She seemed nothing like she first appeared.  He attempted to talk to her but she was not having it.  She turned everything around as if it were him that was causing the discord.  I don't blame him for packing his bags --- who needs it???

The one couple --- where she was drooling all over him at the ceremony --- they seem to be hitting it off very well.  He is like a clown -- doing silly things and they seem to be having a lot of fun!

Then lastly, the couple with the very judgmental blonde woman -- they also seem to be having fun with each other --- although when he asked if he could kiss her, she agreed, but couldn't stop laughing!  Hmmmm .... 

Respected Contributor

I am still not sure yet of all of their names.  The blondish haired guy from Texas.  Whew, boy does he ever love himself.  I mean, he's got the equipment (according to him) and he's just the best.  His wife, I believe, is the one would was having a hissy fit because he was from Texas.  Though I don't care that much for her, I felt for her.  He's obviously the kind of person who thinks that s e x is the only thing on his mind.  To say such cruely things to her was completely out of line.

Each time he wants "it", I'm sure she'll be wondering in her mind if she's going to get graded on her performance, which will get them nowhere.

As for the guy who walked out with  his bags, obviously, there's a reason why he's not married.  It seems if he doesn't hear what he wants to hear, he gives up and leaves.

The other couples seem to be trying to work on things.  

I also didn't know we're going to be seeing more couples walk down the aisle.  I'm afraid I'll be having trouble remembering all of their names.

Honored Contributor

So --- what does everyone think of the 2 latest couples!  As usual, I can't remember names!  I think the first of the two seem really lovely together.  Now, the second of them -- well, who knows?  He is rather young, both in age and actions!  

The first dinner party --- I just love those dinner parties!  That's when the action really happens!  

Of course -- Celine -- I believe that's her name --- arrived alone and all the girls had to get the scoop --- at least her scoop -- and of course, her version was not really what happened at all -- but the girls rallied round her and totally believed it all!  

Then - Anthony -- I think that's his name -- showed up alone and he was getting the hairy eye from everyone.  I felt bad for him at the dinner table as he started to get grilled and then he realized that Celine had spilled the beans before he got there.  

Even later, as he took her aside and tried to talk to her, she still had her defenses up, not acknowledging that she had any part in what had happened -- only focusing on the fact that he had left a day early and making continual comments to him being a man.  

This show will continue to get more spicy as it always does!  Can't wait!  

Super Contributor

Re: MAFS - Australia

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

So --- what does everyone think of the 2 latest couples!  As usual, I can't remember names!  I think the first of the two seem really lovely together.  Now, the second of them -- well, who knows?  He is rather young, both in age and actions!  

The first dinner party --- I just love those dinner parties!  That's when the action really happens!  

Of course -- Celine -- I believe that's her name --- arrived alone and all the girls had to get the scoop --- at least her scoop -- and of course, her version was not really what happened at all -- but the girls rallied round her and totally believed it all!  

Then - Anthony -- I think that's his name -- showed up alone and he was getting the hairy eye from everyone.  I felt bad for him at the dinner table as he started to get grilled and then he realized that Celine had spilled the beans before he got there

@AngelPuppy1 

The dinner was very tense thanks to Selin..She is a real piece of work..She wants Anthony to come crawling back, and beg in..I'm sorry but I've developed a dislike for her, and I would fear having her as a step mom, for my nine year old autistic daughter. She is way too rigid and unforgiving..

.                                            The guys usually act like "deer in the headlights" which is so disconcerting. I will say tho that for the most part, when there is a fight, these couples hang with their partner, with some exceptions. 

Lot's more to come, as we just stuck our toes in  the water, this season..

By the way when Ella says "He's a little  "toey", referring to Mitchell her other half..is that a slang term down under?

PS Edited to remove BIg "O" (the monster maniac with borderline personality disorder (my most uneducated guess, of this season) as she does not deserve to be acknowledged by name, I'm sorry :-(

Trusted Contributor

@GypsyVanner  yes stay away from social media about this group.  The entire season has aired in AUS.   I have already watched the entire season and there are tons of spoilers out there.  I won't say which one,  but one of the ladies is now the most hated woman in AUS.  I was really entertained by this group;