Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner, yessss, I heard about that!  Unfortunately, her figure and legs aren't as nice as the other ladies.  Jealousy is her middle name.  I went on her Instagram page and she's trying her best to be sexy.  Her friends are the other mean girls on the show.  Figures.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I haven't been on this post for awhile. I've been really sick with covid so haven't been posting much!

I just have been watching an episode weekly so I'm probably not where a lot of you are.

I just saw the episode where they had their first commitment ceremony.  I really like the male judge or whatever you want to call him.  He really tells it like it is.  Well, the 2 women do a pretty fair job of it, too.  

I especially liked that they let Andrew have it!  He deserved it that's for sure.  

As for Selene -- yeah, she deserved to hear it, too.  

I think the couple who are getting along the best --- they remind me of Jules and Cam from what I think was the last season.  

This is still a much more interesting show than the American version! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Re: MAFS - Australia

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1  WROTE: I think the couple who are getting along the best --- they remind me of Jules and Cam from what I think was the last season.  

@AngelPuppy1 I agree with everything you said..EXCEPT^^^I'm assuming you're referring to Olivia and Jackson..the blonde -w- br. red lips, & the guy that has a waxed chest & shirt open to his navel..IF not I apologize..but stay tuned..

Also I think the 3 Judges are , John the guy of course, Mel the lady usually sitting in the middle, & finally, Alessandra, the Latino, sex therapist.                                                                      YES, John has a passionate need to defend this experiment and doesn't let the contestants get in his way..I have a problem with his adoration of some of the women, like Samantha, and not seeing past her fake exterior. John really beat down on her partner Al, all season..Yes he was a clown, and goofy, but he did mature, and he's a self-employed well established carpenter with properties..

PS Hope you're feeling better too//take care:-)

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

When I wrote about the couple that reminded me of Jules and Cam, I didn't mean that couple.  I meant the couple who hit it off from the start.  She is the one who cared for her father for years who had cancer.  Thank you - I'm feeling a little better! 

Super Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 WROTE:

When I wrote about the couple that reminded me of Jules and Cam, I didn't mean that couple.  I meant the couple who hit it off from the start.  She is the one who cared for her father for years who had cancer.//unquote 

@AngelPuppy1  I don't want to spoil anything for you ..but again I think your opinion of the really nice couple so far will change like all of us "binge watchers" did, by about the 12th or so episode, by the 15th  Epi. for sure..the retreat is another dead giveaway. 

One thing I also wanted to mention is I think it's very noble and selfless to spend 7 (yes seven) years with a parent with a terminal disease, but I also think for someone in their early 20's that is a whole lot of pressure and perhaps a life changing experience for them as well..again..I say "selfless" but it has life altering consequences. It might explain but not justify what we see later from her.

I also wonder why no hospice team like we have in the states?

Also..where was the wife, her mother? I know they were not divorced. Lot of responsibility for a daughter to undertake.

Honored Contributor

@GypsyVanner 

O.k.  I understand.  I guess I will wait and watch when I get to the episode you are speaking about.  I know from watching past seasons that true natures and personalities come out and also partner swapping often occurs.  As far as whether they have hospice or not, I don't know.  And I wondered the same thing since it did seem the mother was in the picture.  Perhaps she had to keep working to keep the family afloat financially and the daughter stepped in.??? 

Honored Contributor

I'm beginning to question whether Olivia is even telling the truth about caring for her father to the extent that she says she did. And Jackson will back up anything she says.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Latest episode I watched yesterday they had another dinner party.  I was shocked and appalled that everyone -- everyone --- took Andrew's side!  He sat there like he was the perfect and injured husband and was boo-hooing.  Holly was made to be the villian and never even got to defend herself.  It was disgusting the way they all attacked her.  I was glad that Anthony at least took her aside and talked to her because he knew how it felt.  And then Selene came out.  Good on them.  I see there are some cracks in some of the other couples.  Not knowing the names, but the blonde who is very superficial -- she is really getting to her husband -- because he is feeling like she is putting him down and she feels he is not good enough.  Getting back to Holly, even after she tried to defend herself, they were still all over her.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Latest episode I watched yesterday they had another dinner party.  I was shocked and appalled that everyone -- everyone --- took Andrew's side!  He sat there like he was the perfect and injured husband and was boo-hooing.  Holly was made to be the villian and never even got to defend herself.  It was disgusting the way they all attacked her.  I was glad that Anthony at least took her aside and talked to her because he knew how it felt.  And then Selene came out.  Good on them.  I see there are some cracks in some of the other couples.  Not knowing the names, but the blonde who is very superficial -- she is really getting to her husband -- because he is feeling like she is putting him down and she feels he is not good enough.  Getting back to Holly, even after she tried to defend herself, they were still all over her.  

@AngelPuppy1 , that dinner party was difficult to watch.  I'm surprised Andrew's nose wasn't growing while he was talking about how hard he tried.  It was nauseating and to see them taking his side made me wonder about many of them.  I believe he was married twice before and he's 39 - gee, I wonder why he can't find "his person" as is the new phrase nowadays.  He's pompous and IMO, there is nothing attractive about him, inside or out.

I think the blonde's name is Tamara who's with Brent.  Yes, she's a PIA IMO.  Maybe they should've matched her with Andrew - now that would be good entertainment LOL.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 

Yes, I agree with you!  Andrew is so full of himself it's disgusting!  I find nothing attractive about him at all.  His attitude and demeanor make him ugly.  He acccused Holly of being nacisstic when in fact, he suffers greatly from this!  He is such a practiced liar that he comes across as credible to these pea brained people at the dinner party!  Yes, put Tamara with with him and see the sparks -- ha!  Poor Brent --- so far, I actually like him and think he deserves so much better.