Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@chickenbutt , you took the words out of my mouth.  @beach-mom , thanks for posting the update, though I am not surprised.

I'm really not sure why she even went onto the show as she never seemed interested in marriage to me from the "get-go".

At times, I felt Erik was a little out of line with a few of his comments; however, the way that she acted and talked to him was not good.  It made it difficult for  him to tr to discuss things with her and she got all huffy and walked away. 

And if Erik really is allergic to cats, that should've been discussed with the professionals before they were matched.  I still think that should be one of the questions asked before they are matched, i.e. do they like pets, allergic to them, etc.

@HisElk1 - He's not. Lots of pictures of him with kitties in his past.  Just another producer ploy to make things interesting!    Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@chickenbutt , you took the words out of my mouth.  @beach-mom , thanks for posting the update, though I am not surprised.

I'm really not sure why she even went onto the show as she never seemed interested in marriage to me from the "get-go".

At times, I felt Erik was a little out of line with a few of his comments; however, the way that she acted and talked to him was not good.  It made it difficult for  him to tr to discuss things with her and she got all huffy and walked away. 

And if Erik really is allergic to cats, that should've been discussed with the professionals before they were matched.  I still think that should be one of the questions asked before they are matched, i.e. do they like pets, allergic to them, etc.

@HisElk1 - He's not. Lots of pictures of him with kitties in his past.  Just another producer ploy to make things interesting!    Smiley Wink

@beach-mom, thanks for letting me know.  I really thought he was allergic to cats and how many others thought the same thing.  Just more lies to make drama.  I remember when the first couple of shows there were different pros involved other than who we have now.  It seemed much different than and now it's all about drama.  SMH

Respected Contributor

Re: MAFS Atlanta News

[ Edited ]

I wasn't convinced they were 100% into this marriage and thought they stayed together to save face for a period of time until they could bow out more gracefully away from cameras.  They simply were mismatched in multiple ways. 

The pressures of the show can probably pressure people to do what they would rather not to keep up appearances.

Honored Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

I wasn't convinced they were 100% into this marriage and thought they stayed together to save face for a period of time until they could bow out more gracefully away from cameras.  They simply were mismatched in multiple ways. 

The pressures of the show can probably pressure people to do what they would rather not to keep up appearances.

@Free2be - And there is the money they will get if they stay with the show!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Regarding Erik being allergic to cats or not.....he could have become allergic to them later in life, after the pictures.  But it was pretty obvious that Virginia didn't care if he was allergic or not.  Actually, she didn't care about his wishes at all.  A lot of his ultimatums were made because she refused to compromise.  Did she really move into his house or just brought a few clothes is a good question, too.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  In one episode they showed where he gave her an entire room for a closet and also to keep her cats in.  She had moved a lot of stuff there.  

She is a young, free spirit.  He is more rigid and controlled.  A case where opposites attracted physically, but not for the day to day reality.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

I wonder if the Couples Cam for the next season has already been completed, since they were selected to be on it, which I always thought was a mistake. I don't watch that, but I think that couples should be together for more than a few months before they are put on that show. Anyway, I am guessing they pretended to be together to get the extra money for doing Couples Cam. 

And, I am not the least bit surprised that they split. But, I am sure her social media will have picked up a few new drinking buddies for her.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I wonder if the Couples Cam for the next season has already been completed, since they were selected to be on it, which I always thought was a mistake. I don't watch that, but I think that couples should be together for more than a few months before they are put on that show. Anyway, I am guessing they pretended to be together to get the extra money for doing Couples Cam. 

And, I am not the least bit surprised that they split. But, I am sure her social media will have picked up a few new drinking buddies for her.

@Lisa now in AZ - I hear they are continuing with Couples' Cam , but we're not going to see what is really going on. Some say it's for the money. IDK. I do know it was their decision to continue. Plus we're seeing things that were filmed in February and March.

BTW, the drama between Shawniece and Jephte seems to "made up" for the show.   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: MAFS Atlanta News

[ Edited ]

More "news" from Atlanta: Clara and Ryan are over. According to sources who told MAFS fan, he was never into her at all, but she was hopeful. They were "acting" during the show for the monetary compensation!  

I really thought these two had a chance. We saw a lot of Clara's mom, but very little of Ryan's family. So I guess the show's focus on getting him to say the "L" word was acted. That might have been producer driven for the show. But the focus on the other thing Ryan refused to do that regular married couples do was also acted - they were doing that all along!  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

More "news" from Atlanta: Clara and Ryan are over. According to sources who told MAFS fan, he was never into her at all, but she was hopeful. They were "acting" during the show for the monetary compensation!  

I really thought these two had a chance. We saw a lot of Clara's mom, but very little of Ryan's family. So I guess the show's focus on getting him to say the "L" word was acted. That might have been producer driven for the show. But the focus on the other thing Ryan refused to do that regular married couples do was also acted - they were doing that all along!  Smiley Wink

@beach-mom , I don't find it surprising to hear he was never into her at all and they were doing it for the money.  There were never any signs he had any interest in her at all.   I'm surprised they didn't continue to collect during Couples Cam.