Honored Contributor

Virginia and Erik filed for divorce yesterday. It is uncontested.

I've said before I was rooting for them, but they seem to be very different people. Apparently Virginia likes to party a lot more than Erik. 

Honored Contributor

I guess none of us are surprised by this, eh?

I think what bothers me the most with this situation is that she was clearly not ready to be married so I cannot help wonder why she did this and ends up with a guy who seems like he would definitely be a good husband to somebody who was more like him and interested in building a life together.

Esteemed Contributor

What????  Eric and Virginia seemed to genuinely love each other.  Oh well!

Honored Contributor

I think @chickenbutt has it - Virginia still enjoys the single life. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of single young ladies will be hanging out in the Delta area of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

That were too different in their lifestyles.  Virginia and her guy friends, her animals sleeping with her and her feelings about saying where she goes.  She didn't feel that Erik had to know.  Erik had his faults, too, but he seemed to try to work things out.  Virginia does not need to be married.  Why the "experts" chose them to be a couple raises questions for me.  So two out of five successes is a failure IMO.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

Oh man. That is disappointing. I was rooting for them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

That were too different in their lifestyles.  Virginia and her guy friends, her animals sleeping with her and her feelings about saying where she goes.  She didn't feel that Erik had to know.  Erik had his faults, too, but he seemed to try to work things out.  Virginia does not need to be married.  Why the "experts" chose them to be a couple raises questions for me.  So two out of five successes is a failure IMO.

I agree, @Mmsfoxxie .  The matching criteria is so short sighted.  Oh, they both have pets....ding, ding, ding!  Erik and Virginia's political, moral, and ethical values were completely opposite.  Also, he wanted children right away.  She didn't know if she even wanted them.  

I think they just roll the dice and hope for the best......the experts I'm talking about.  Woman WinkWoman Embarassed  Ratings, not good matches.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt , you took the words out of my mouth.  @beach-mom , thanks for posting the update, though I am not surprised.

I'm really not sure why she even went onto the show as she never seemed interested in marriage to me from the "get-go".

At times, I felt Erik was a little out of line with a few of his comments; however, the way that she acted and talked to him was not good.  It made it difficult for  him to tr to discuss things with her and she got all huffy and walked away. 

And if Erik really is allergic to cats, that should've been discussed with the professionals before they were matched.  I still think that should be one of the questions asked before they are matched, i.e. do they like pets, allergic to them, etc.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with everyone who said they are really not surprised that these 2 split. Virginia was not ready to settle down, she was not ready to give up her party ways, sleeping overnight at her friends homes when she wanted to after drinking to much or giving up some control of her dog. I'm not sure why these two were matched. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I agree, @Mmsfoxxie .  The matching criteria is so short sighted.  Oh, they both have pets....ding, ding, ding!  Erik and Virginia's political, moral, and ethical values were completely opposite.  Also, he wanted children right away.  She didn't know if she even wanted them.  

I think they just roll the dice and hope for the best......the experts I'm talking about.  Woman WinkWoman Embarassed  Ratings, not good matches.  

@tends2dogs - It's all about the ratings. I'm still convinced Chris and Paige were hired to play the roles they did, OR the producers really didn't know that Chris would be acting like he did (his choice to get attention) , and they convinced Paige to play along. 

I don't blame Paige at all, but for a sweet Christian girl, she was certainly bleeped a lot on camera!

Just wait until we see Houston!   Smiley Wink

Smiley Wink