Honored Contributor

MADAM SECRETARY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT!

Just a reminder ......  tonite is the very last episode !!

Honored Contributor

Re: MADAM SECRETARY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT!

Will be on late, due to football. 

Contributor

Oh too bad.  We loved that show and were wondering why they were wrapping up the storylines 

Honored Contributor

It was so good. I'm so sorry it's over. I never missed an episode. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

It was so good. I'm so sorry it's over. I never missed an episode. 

I really agree with you.    That was one of my favorite shows.    I liked the way they ended the show.   

Even though I never cared for Stevie, I was so happy to see her marry Dimitri.    I always liked him.   

Respected Contributor

It was nice to see some of the cast from previous seasons come back for the wedding, it's too bad we didn't see Bebe Neuwirth, too.

Respected Contributor

I liked the series also. I enjoyed it on Sunday night.  

Esteemed Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@culebra- I always thought Sunday nights were the worst nights for TV. Those football games blew the schedule! I was a big Good Wife fan, but during football season, it never started at the scheduled time. That's how I started watching Madam Secretary. I'd put the tv on at 9:00 and instead of The Good Wife, there was Madam Secretary. I started watching the ends of the show every week, and then got interested, so I binge watched the episodes I missed. I have to admit I got bored with it, so I stopped watching for a few years, and then last night I watched the last episode. From what I could see, many of the actors were no longer on the show. I noticed that the children were all grown up, but it seemed that Stevie was still a spoiled brat. (or at least that's how I saw her). I thought the ending was kind of flat. Can anyone tell me why there was such a short season, ending with the wedding?

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@culebra wrote:

@culebra- I always thought Sunday nights were the worst nights for TV. Those football games blew the schedule! I was a big Good Wife fan, but during football season, it never started at the scheduled time. That's how I started watching Madam Secretary. I'd put the tv on at 9:00 and instead of The Good Wife, there was Madam Secretary. I started watching the ends of the show every week, and then got interested, so I binge watched the episodes I missed. I have to admit I got bored with it, so I stopped watching for a few years, and then last night I watched the last episode. From what I could see, many of the actors were no longer on the show. I noticed that the children were all grown up, but it seemed that Stevie was still a spoiled brat. (or at least that's how I saw her). I thought the ending was kind of flat. Can anyone tell me why there was such a short season, ending with the wedding?

@sunala because CBS renewed them for a 6th and final season, BUT with only 10 episodes so they could wrap up their storyline.

Too bad you didn't see the second to last episode.  It was the best episode of the entire series.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I watched it last night, and was glad to see some people brought back.   Also glad they didn't bring back Sara Ramirez who had very short hair and dressed like a man.  It was just too much of a statement ....   it was really too distracting.