Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@beach-mom 

For Hawkeye, I see Charlie Sheen-

Image result for charlie sheen

Hawkeye AlanAlda

Perfect!  I'd like CS better!  I always thought Alan Alda way over played that part. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

BF's idea for Klinger-

Image result for jim carrey

Honored Contributor

I can't think of anyone who could replace Col. Potter!  He was outstanding for that part.  I liked him better than Henry Blake.

Honored Contributor

Whoa, @Dusty1 ,  Michael Keaton as Henry Blake!  That is genius casting.  He has that perfect, sardonic, nonchalant, "throwaway" kind of persona...   (Disclaimer--  I want to see MIchael Keaton in almost any role, any time.)

And I also really like @lolakimono 's "sleeper" suggestion of Kirk Cameron, going in a different direction.   That could be very kicky too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: M.A.S.H. - Just for Fun

[ Edited ]

Always had a special spot in my heart for MASH: when I worked in S.Korea in late 70s, the soldiers couldn't get enough of the reruns (AFTV played the series daily).  Additionally, I was stationed at Camp Page (in the other side of the mountain in opening credits) where we had the original pool table (in combined Offficers NCO club) from 220 MASH unit.  Many of us commuted between Seoul and Chunchon on a regular basis by Huey.

Respected Contributor

I can't think of MASH without bittersweet memories. It was my Dad's favorite show. He had a tee shirt and cap in Army green with the lettering on it. He watched every show and rerun after it ended.  The show brings back memories of the most honorable, honest, and full of integrity person I have ever known. or will know.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Great post, @beach-mom .  I like Ryan Reynolds in ANY role!

How about Mark Ruffalo for Klinger???

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

@patbz and @reiki604 - You have a lot of special memories. I know a lot of people do. My dad fought in Korea. His best friend was killed right beside him. He would never talk to us much about that time. But I think it affected his personality later in life. I learned more from others talking about that war.

@redwingsgal - Not sure about Mark. Maybe. I'm just looking for tha special something! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

You know who would have been perfect for Klinger?  Robin Williams!

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

You know who would have been perfect for Klinger?  Robin Williams!

@Marsha2003 - There we go! He WOULD have been perfect!

Now we have to come up with a modern-day Robin Williams type.