Respected Contributor

Re: Lynne Mischele posted her sorrow for the loss of Anne Heche

@lgfan wrote:
Mischele is the renter. Has the actual owner of the house mentioned anything about using Heches estate.
@Igfan I haven't see that he has anywhere. I would imagine he has every right to though. I believe that he is the one that started the Go Fund Me page for his long time tenant.
Respected Contributor

I definitely stay off social media.  It would only make me mad to read some of people's comments.  The more I hear of some people the more I prefer animals

Esteemed Contributor

Four losing parties: 1) the renter, 2) the homeowner/landlord, 3) Anne's children and 4) Anne. ( this is in no particular order of importance)

Of course the landlord would make a claim against the estate to have the home repair or replaced ( it was red tagged as uninhabitable) since Anne is deceased.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to the comments I have seen written on social media. 

The less I am on it, the better. I have read a lot of similar comments when Yahoo has a story. People can be relentless in their desire to disparage someone....

@Trinity11 

Sadly, you can read the same type of comments on these boards.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes you can read the same types of comments on these boards every single day. So I don't know why anyone would be shocked these days. Humanity sinks lower and lower by the day. Lots of nasty disgruntled people in this country.
"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thankful we have skeptics, they may have saved many from being conned. Weekly, we hear news reports of people sending money/gift cards to pay bills they don't owe, bail money for grandchildren who haven't been arrested. There are gofundme scams to help healthy people claiming to be at death's door. Some of those posting skepticism, may have been  victim, or someone for whom they care has been

Those posting criticism of them are just as unkind as their targets.

I doubt this woman has renters insurance and has lost irreplaceable possessions. She deserves whatever money she receives from whatever source.

Respected Contributor

This woman also suffered trauma from having a car rammed into her house. It is rare for people to have renters insurance since many people are living paycheck to paycheck. Even if she did have insurance it cannot replace personal mementos.
Honored Contributor

I see the LAPD has suspended all investigations for the crash so obviously she wasn't DUI or DWI.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm   Police may have suspended investigation because it is hard to prosecute a dead person.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Lucky Charm   Police may have suspended investigation because it is hard to prosecute a dead person.

Yeah, I guess I thought they'd still look into the cause of the accident, if it were drugs, alcohol, malfunctioning automobile, etc.