Frequent Contributor

I received a Roku unit for my tv, as I don't have a streaming tv and I am having a GREAT time.  I am currently binge watching 'Covert Affairs'.  Blacklist is next and then Revenge.

Covert is really good, since I like thrillers and mystery. 

Curious to know what other shows I should search for in this category

Honored Contributor

Re: Luv'n my Roku

[ Edited ]

You didn't mention which streaming service you're using, but if you like spy stuff, you may want to check out MI-5, a BBC show that ran from 2002-2011.

Respected Contributor

@Scamper wrote:

I received a Roku unit for my tv, as I don't have a streaming tv and I am having a GREAT time.  I am currently binge watching 'Covert Affairs'.  Blacklist is next and then Revenge.

Covert is really good, since I like thrillers and mystery. 

Curious to know what other shows I should search for in this category

@klajfakj

for $20 a mo you can get Sling for live stream and also $6 bucks a mo you also can get the CBS live stream apt.

I had a Roku for years and got off the cable/dirctv wagon.

Congrauations Scamper

Honored Contributor

I have some Roku3 units and I really love them.  I can stream from my Tivos but the processor in the Roku3 is way faster so I use it 99% of the time.

Even though I only use Netflix and Amazon Prime, there is always plenty to watch.  Of course, I couldn't do without having cable and Premium cable too, but the streaming services are also starting to have more and more original programming too.    

So much tv, so little time!  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I just checked and my box says Roku 3...Yeah. I am a Prime member so this is where I am watching the series Covert Affairs.  It is SO SO nice not seeing commercials and waiting for the next week episode. So excited.  I also share Netflix and Hulu Plus with my daughter.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I luv watching political thrillers; legal thrillers; and mystery. I have heard a lot about Black List so that I am anxious to see next.

Honored Contributor

Scamper wrote:

I just checked and my box says Roku 3...Yeah. I am a Prime member so this is where I am watching the series Covert Affairs.  It is SO SO nice not seeing commercials and waiting for the next week episode. So excited.  I also share Netflix and Hulu Plus with my daughter.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I luv watching political thrillers; legal thrillers; and mystery. I have heard a lot about Black List so that I am anxious to see next.

Oh good - the '3' is so much better than the older ones and I understand the the new ones have even more features than my older Roku3s.  I guess there is a Roku4 out now but I'm really happy with the ones I have.

Do you ever use the earbuds that plug into the remote?  LOVE those.  But just be sure to UNPLUG them when not in use or they will sukk up your batteries.  

That was one complaint a lot of people were having and, apparently, they were keeping them plugged in to the remote so they went through a lot of batteries.  

By not doing that, my batteries last ages.  Just an FYI!    It's a great earbud situation.  I have a fairly large house and I can walk all over my house and get perfect sound.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you SO much chickenbutt.  I have not used the earbuds yet but your advice will help me I am sure...especially if I don't want to wake the husband. I find myself using the rewind quite a bit.

Respected Contributor

Good character shows: Monk, Burn Notice, In Plain Sight, Alias. 

Murder in the First, season one and two. It's been renewed for season 3. I like season 2 better and you really don't have to see the first season.  American Crime was great mystery show. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Makeup Addict.  I surely will look into the list provided.  I never heard of Murder in the First.  Monk was a favorite!!

Super Contributor

Monk was a favorite!!  LOL

He takes getting used to !

I have seen most !

His two assistants were great, different !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK