Honored Contributor

Luther: The Fallen Sun on Netflix

[ Edited ]

This film, starring Idris Elba as a disgraced detective that breaks out of jail to catch a serial killer leaves a lot to be desired. It's not really a good movie. It had potential but it really missed the mark. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Luther The Fallen Sun on Netflix

@Mindy D 

Thank you for the post -- I won't waste my time on it!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

This movie is a continuation of a series that was shown on PBS to great acclaim.  I enjoyed the series and was delighted to see this new installment.  It took a long time before it was filmed because Idris Elba was in great demand.  I hope people will give it a try and decide for themselves.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JCath wrote:

This movie is a continuation of a series that was shown on PBS to great acclaim.  I enjoyed the series and was delighted to see this new installment.  It took a long time before it was filmed because Idris Elba was in great demand.  I hope people will give it a try and decide for themselves.

This film does not live up to the quality seen with the series. It had so much potential. Raters on IMBD rate the 2010 series with Elba an 8,4, an excellent rating. This movie has a 6.4 rating. 

Trusted Contributor

Idris is still great but the story line especially in the second half is terrible,  I wouldn't recommend it if you liked the series,  it was a waste of my time.

Frequent Contributor

Looks like I was the only one who thoroughly enjoyed the movie.  Loved seeing him retrieve his tweed coat! He was back!