Honored Contributor

Luther TV series (BBC production)

Idris Elba, is the star of the series. This is such a good show. I got the complete series from the library. Always liked him, so, got this DVD.

It's a great show about him being a investigative cop going after the weird o's of society. Serial killers, child molesters, etc. He's having trouble with his wife wanting to leave him because he's never home,etc.

You can't stop watching it. Really recommend it

Respected Contributor

Re: Luther TV series (BBC production)

I started watching it on BBC america, and then watched more last winter, I will have to check and see if the latest season has come out yet.

Also to those who haven’t seen it don’t be surprised some of the “seasons” only have 3 to 4 shows. Also don’t watch it right before you go to bed, some of them are really scary.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

from what I've seen . 

'Luther' has 5 seasons. They're debating, at the present for whether or not they will be a 6th season.

That red headed is a good actress, but, then all English actors are superb

I got the complete series thru the library. LOL

He really should had taken on the Bond character. I can understand him thinking he was to old, but, it's better then a woman. That reeks.

To far off the original character concept.

Bond, Jane Bond .   Yuk !   Besides if a woman and a woman of color would do all the romance scenes she would be labelled . A male Bond everybody just thinks that's OK hahahah love 'em and leave 'em. Boys will be boys type of thinking.  Would take the fun out of the whole Bond experience

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

from what I've seen . 

'Luther' has 5 seasons. They're debating, at the present for whether or not they will be a 6th season.

That red headed is a good actress, but, then all English actors are superb

I got the complete series thru the library. LOL

He really should had taken on the Bond character. I can understand him thinking he was to old, but, it's better then a woman. That reeks.

To far off the original character concept.

Bond, Jane Bond .   Yuk !   Besides if a woman and a woman of color would do all the romance scenes she would be labelled . A male Bond everybody just thinks that's OK hahahah love 'em and leave 'em. Boys will be boys type of thinking.  Would take the fun out of the whole Bond experience

I agree there’s nothing wrong with having a good spy series with a woman lead, but she is not going to be James Bond.

Honored Contributor

This show is so good. I bought it from Amazon, used.

Fantastic !