Honored Contributor

Re: Lucy and Desi Long Road Movie on Today on TCM

I love the part where Desi is maneuvering the trailer in Lucy's aunt's driveway, with all eyes upon him.  He manages to hit a lot of stuff, and things go downhill from there...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I love the part where Desi is maneuvering the trailer in Lucy's aunt's driveway, with all eyes upon him.  He manages to hit a lot of stuff, and things go downhill from there...

@Kindaglitzy, that's okay, we knew exactly what you were talking about!!

@Oznell..... for you, LOL ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6CbffjZ6fI

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@tiger wrote:

Love Lucy and Desi reruns.

Me too, my all time favorite show.  I watched the one a few days ago about Mrs. Trumble complaining about the baby crying.  Love the ending when Mrs. Trumble is watching the baby, so touching.  I grew up with these shows.  I was a kid in the 60's and all the shows were appropriate for everyone.  We would all sit down and watch Disney on Sunday night and it was followed by Bonanza.  All TV was family TV.  I guess that is why I am stuck on TVland and Metv.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

The Long, Long Trailer is a wonderful, funny movie!  Thanks for the reminder @Kindaglitzy!

Image result for long long trailer movie

This is such a good movie.  If you have not seen it wait for the kitchen scene in the trailer.  The dresses the ladies wear in this movie are lovely.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I think they were the funniest pairing of a comedian couple - they had such chemistry!  They say they loved each other even after they divorced.  Nothing compares.

I totally agree with you.  Also Lucy and Ethel.  Ethel was the best side kick and friend on TV.

Honored Contributor

Smoky, fabulous, thanks!  Cracks me up every time.  I relate-- I get performance anxiety if too many people are watching me doing something that could be tricky... 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Smoky, fabulous, thanks!  Cracks me up every time.  I relate-- I get performance anxiety if too many people are watching me doing something that could be tricky... 

@Oznell, that is so darn funny... you could see his performance anxiety right off the bat, LOL ........  you are very welcome!!

@sunshine 919, for you.......

Image result for the long long trailer kitchen scene gif
Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this!  I look so forward to watching it!

Honored Contributor

I believe the trailer they bought cost $3700.  That sounds like nothing today.

Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell, that is so darn funny... you could see his performance anxiety right off the bat, LOL ........  you are very welcome!!

@sunshine 919, for you.......

Image result for the long long trailer kitchen scene gif

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for posting this.  It was such a nice thing to do.Smiley Happy  This scene is so funny and I love her dress and apron.  When I was growing up all the ladies had these cute adorable aprongs.