Honored Contributor

@amyb   I watched the Lucy and Desi when it aired on tv, and recorded it, wonderful.

Valued Contributor

Watched the documentary by Amy Pohler last night on Prime.  So well done and I thought a few surprises.  Never thought about her marrying a man from Cuba as being odd, my Mom married a man from Italy.  Also I was impressed with the knowledge that Desi exhibited in directing and producing.  A driven man.

Honored Contributor

I have read many times that back in the days of I Love Lucy they were considered an interracial couple and that CBS took a huge gamble of putting them on TV together. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lucy & Desi on Prime

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

There have been others (I saw several listed on Prime video); not sure that was the same, as this one is supposedly new. Maybe check it out. Of course, I'm sure lots of the info/story is the same...but I just thought this one, the things they discussed, the home videos they had...was all fascinating.

I think there was one on tv before...but to my knowledge this Amy Poehler one is newly done.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@mousiegirl 

There have been others (I saw several listed on Prime video); not sure that was the same, as this one is supposedly new. Maybe check it out. Of course, I'm sure lots of the info/story is the same...but I just thought this one, the things they discussed, the home videos they had...was all fascinating.

I think there was one on tv before...but to my knowledge this Amy Poehler one is newly done.

@amyb   Okay.  I saw the one on tv with Lucy Arnaz as host, and there were probably others.  Lucy and Desi were so cute and loving in the videos, with several dogs around as it is said Lucy loved dogs.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@faeriemoon  I enjoyed the Kidman/Bardem/Sorkin movie, but I realize some hated it, some loved it. Except for a few distracting mannerisms occasionally from Kidman, I thought it was very well done.

This is not that, in case you were confusing the two, as they are both on Prime...this is a biopic done by Amy Poehler. True life story, with old, never seen before home videos, commentary from Lucy's daughter etc.

@amyb Thank you!  I WAS confusing the two.  I will look for the one you're talking about.

Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl Thank you!

Valued Contributor

I just loved it with all the real old authentic parts !  Those parts were the real deal and brought back many memories to this 75 year old !