Regular Contributor

"Lucky Hank" is a new series premiering on AMC on March 19, 2023.  It is based on Richard Russo's novel "Straight Man."  Bob Odenkirk stars in the title role.  This could be good.  Odenkirk fans in particular may want to check it out if you get AMC.

Honored Contributor

I've read a few lukewarm reviews of this series so far.  But all report that Mr. Odenkirk is the best thing about the show.  I will be watching.

Trusted Contributor

Looking forward to it.  But if it is disappointing, I strongly recommend the book, Straight Man, or anything else by Russo; he is a very funny and insightful author.  This one does a number on academia.

Honored Contributor

I've got this set to record and have read several reviews of the show.  Bob Odenkirk was interviewed on the Today Show, too.

It doesn't look like it will be that great to me, but I'll give it a try since he's in it.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

DVR is set.  I will like to see Bob Odenkirk in a different role.   

Honored Contributor

Thank you, just set it up to record the series.  I liked his other show so much!

Honored Contributor

When I first saw this, I thought --- what an odd show!  But the more you watch it, the better it gets!  I think you have to give it a chance.  You start to know the characters and all the background of them.  Hank is an extremely complex, troubled man, but he is fascinating!  I absolutely adore this show.  It keeps your mind working!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I watch it weekly too. Tape it.  He's such a good actor.  But....the gal that plays his wife, I'd seen her in another show.  She's great too!!!!

Respected Contributor

I watched the first few shows, but quit. I just couldn't get into it.

I'll give it another shot, somewhere down the road.

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

@qualitygal I think the acting is great also.  His wife was the female star on The Killing.