Respected Contributor

DH and I are really enjoying this series.

Contributor

reminds me of Castle

Honored Contributor

Tonight was fresh.  "Luci" put his fist through the wall in his counselor's office and lost his wings!  No wings could get dicey!

I can't figure out why the wings are still white!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Tonight was fresh.  "Luci" put his fist through the wall in his counselor's office and lost his wings!  No wings could get dicey!

I can't figure out why the wings are still white!

@ECBG- I just love this show....nothing logical but I just think this actor is so good in the role and is charming and so easy on the eyes....they (wings)  may be white because he was ejected from heaven and was good once?  I mean he is the devil but kind of like Jack Nicholson in Witches of Eastwick.   

Super Contributor

I still put the videos on once in awhile, gotta get my Mick!

Super Contributor

My hubby and I wondered the same thing about the color of his wings, because Amenadon's (sp?) wings were black.  Also what is the Palmetto investigation?  I have watched all episodes and must of missed something somewhere.

Trusted Contributor
@qvcfan526 wrote:

My hubby and I wondered the same thing about the color of his wings, because Amenadon's (sp?) wings were black.  Also what is the Palmetto investigation?  I have watched all episodes and must of missed something somewhere.

FOX is known for airing episodes of their series out of order ( Firefly, Almost Human, The Finder come to mind) so you probably didn't miss any episodes of Lucifer. It seems as if when FOX wants a series to fail they do this (air episodes out of order) to confuse the viewers since all of the series that I mentioned above only lasted one season.

Honored Contributor

The palmetto investigation was referenced in episode one and happened before the start of the series. As they showed in this episode it's a cop killing where the detective suspected the murdered cop to be on the take and as a result she is persona non grata by the other cops now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Happy to watch a repeat Lucifer tonight! (3/13).

Don't forget Monday!  (with no wings now, but his friend in the bar kept a feather!)

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

The palmetto investigation was referenced in episode one and happened before the start of the series. As they showed in this episode it's a cop killing where the detective suspected the murdered cop to be on the take and as a result she is persona non grata by the other cops now. 

Just to expand on this a bit, the cop who was shot isn't dead. He was on life support and not expected to live at the start of the episode. The female detective thought the cop was dirty and had been shot by the mob when something went wrong between them. Lucifer pointed out that they wouldn't shoot one of their guys who was on the take. They'd own him and not shoot him. That got her thinking about it again.

She and her ex-husband (also a detective) then went back to the crime scene and found a hidden passage where the shooter likely fired the shot that killed the cop and then fled from there. They found a key with 999 on it there that apparently only cops have, so they now think his shooter was another cop. She's now saying the cop wasn't dirty and is trying to mend fences with the other officers after the cop was pulled from life support, so they won't suspect that she's looking at one of them as the shooter. The writers kind of painted the bulls-eye on his former partner, which is proabably a misdirection on their part.

The police were holding a memorial service for him as the life support was disconnected and then Lucifer's brother was watching from outside the ICU room and touched the wall as he walked past and apparently cured the shot cop whose heart started beating again as the angel walked away. Now the detectives are trying to quietly find out who the killer was on the force and that'll be the story arc for a while.

I'm not thrilled with that story arc as I'm assuming whoever had the key with the 999 (or 666, the devil's mark if you look at it upside down) on it wouldn't just carry it loose. It would have likely been on a keyring and keys don't generally just fall off a keyring. Even if he'd been carrying it loose in a pocket, keys don't just fall out of pockets all that easily. But hey, I didn't write that episode, so it's not my fault. They wanted something found tying this to the police so they dropped a key. Expect Lucifer to point out the 999/666 connection when he learns of the key. With the shot cop now living, we'll see him get interviewed in the near future and what he says will help fill in more of what happened earlier in the Palmetto case.

I'm guessing Lucifer's brother already knows who shot the cop and why and that's why he revived the cop. It'll all be part of his grand plan to get Lucifer to go back to his former residence.

By and large the writing in Lucifer is pretty darn good, but they might have gone a little overboard on this last episode. I'm still betting the wings that were torched were the counterfeit ones. The 999/666 on the key is a bit hokey. They just went a little over the top this time around and have left a lot hanging. You can get a feel for where it's all going, but  they're leaving a lot of threads unraveled and weaving all those threads back together might be asking a lot.

At this moment we don't know if the cop who was shot was a clean cop or a dirty cop. We don't know if Lucifer's wings are truly gone. We don't know what the key with 999/666 on it really means. We don't know who shot the cop. We don't know why the angel revived the cop. We don't know a whole lot right now. I think the writers might have gotten a bit overly ambitious and clever this episode. We'll have to see how good they are at weaving this all back together into a cohesive story.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!