Trusted Contributor

Lucifer on FOX cancelled for "Last Man Standing," Deception on ABC cancelled

[ Edited ]

There will no be no season 4 for "Lucifer" on FOX, the show apparently is being cancelled because FOX has picked up Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing."  I've never watched "Last Man Standing," I personally would much rather have season 4 of Lucifer. Since a cancellation wasn't expected, the last episode of the show will be a cliffhanger episode.

"Deception" on ABC has also been cancelled. I liked that show, it was funny, it was witty, & the cast members had great chemistry, I'll miss it. 

It's gotten to the point where it's not even worth  watching any new

shows since they're usually cancelled, the channel that airs the show doesn't give the show enough time to find it's audience & develop a following.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lucifer on FOX cancelled for "Last Man Standing," Deception on ABC cancelled

I'm so sorry for your disappointment.  I've never watched Lucifer so can't give an opinion but I can tell you that we find Last Man Standing to be very funny and glad it's coming back.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: Lucifer on FOX cancelled for "Last Man Standing," Deception on ABC cancelled

@sgraham30 wrote:

There will no be no season 4 for "Lucifer" on FOX, the show apparently is being cancelled because FOX has picked up Tim Allen's "Last Man Standing."  I've never watched "Last Man Standing," I personally would much rather have season 4 of Lucifer. Since a cancellation wasn't expected, the last episode of the show will be a cliffhanger episode.

"Deception" on ABC has also been cancelled. I liked that show, it was funny, it was witty, & the cast members had great chemistry, I'll miss it. 

It's gotten to the point where it's not even worth  watching any new

shows since they're usually cancelled, the channel that airs the show doesn't give the show enough time to find it's audience & develop a following.

Totally untrue.  I knew it right away because why would a drama be canceled to make way for a comedy.  It makes no sense.

This article in the Hollywood Reporter explains the REAL reason Lucifer and other shows were canceled, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the pickup of "Last Man Standing."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-cancellations-explained-why-brooklyn-nine-nine-lucif...

Honored Contributor

I watched every episode of Lucifer up until this season. I lost interest in it because it seemed to be the same stuff every week and that got boring for me. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the first season of Lucifer, it was something different. Tom Ellis had the best lines and was easy on the eyes!! I always loved that he called Chloe "DETECTIVE".

However, when I started to watch season 2, I quickly became bored with the show. Same thing every week.

Honored Contributor

Fox is bringing back The Gifted which I watched but would rather have had it cancelled than Lucifer. Out of all the cancellations this bothers me the most. I hope Tom Ellis lands another role quickly!

Valued Contributor

Sorry your show was canceled.  I look forward to Last Man Standing coming back on.