Honored Contributor

Just a reminder this starts tomorrow, I can't wait!

Honored Contributor

I am four episodes in ( I think there are sixteen episodes spilt up) it is so good! There is a black & white film noir type of episode. I do wonder though, why does Lucifer have a British accent when no other family member does ( it will have you wondering even more, don't want to say too much)?

Honored Contributor

The same reason Lucifer's siblings are of different races.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

The same reason Lucifer's siblings are of different races.

I can see siblings of different races, but was Lucifer raised in Great Britain and his siblings in the USA?!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I found the following as you got me curious too!

"Lucifer was originally supposed to American in the programme but Ellis revealed to the Radio Times it did not work for his character.

He told the publication: “I like to think of him as Noel Coward and Mick Jagger’s lovechild – and a sprinkling of Terry Thomas."

“I tried it with an American accent and he sounded like a d**k.”

"Ellis told the publication his decision to make him British was also influenced by how Lucifer reminded him of a character from a Noel Coward or Oscar Wilde play.

He continued: “In America, basically, you can say whatever you like, reprehensible things, and if you’ve got a British accent you can get away with it. They think it’s incredibly charming.”

"However some fans have even noticed Lucifer’s accent seems to have changed over the years on the show."

SOURCE:  express DOT co DOT uk

=====================================

I have not started binge watching Lucifer yet.  Hopefully, by the evening I can get started.

I am currently binging Season 1 of The Protector & Marco Polo.  2 more episodes to go for each.  I should be done this afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2   I found the following as you got me curious too!

"Lucifer was originally supposed to American in the programme but Ellis revealed to the Radio Times it did not work for his character.

He told the publication: “I like to think of him as Noel Coward and Mick Jagger’s lovechild – and a sprinkling of Terry Thomas."

“I tried it with an American accent and he sounded like a d**k.”

"Ellis told the publication his decision to make him British was also influenced by how Lucifer reminded him of a character from a Noel Coward or Oscar Wilde play.

He continued: “In America, basically, you can say whatever you like, reprehensible things, and if you’ve got a British accent you can get away with it. They think it’s incredibly charming.”

"However some fans have even noticed Lucifer’s accent seems to have changed over the years on the show."

SOURCE:  express DOT co DOT uk

=====================================

I have not started binge watching Lucifer yet.  Hopefully, by the evening I can get started.

I am currently binging Season 1 of The Protector & Marco Polo.  2 more episodes to go for each.  I should be done this afternoon.

@Mz iMac I finished the eight episodes, eight more will come later. They left it at a really good place, the ending was EPIC!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

You're right!!!!!

532149.gif

Honored Contributor

So sorry, didn't see this post, but it's so good, it's worth two, right?!!!  LOLWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The new season of Lucifer premieres May 28 on Netflix, I'm so excited!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Thanks for the heads up!

This will be season 5B.

Season 6 will be the grand finale season.  There will be 10 episodes.  Will probably premier either by the end of 2021 or early 2022.