Respected Contributor

Re: LuLaRoe documentary- Amazon Prime

I didn't watch this documentary because I don't have Amazon Prime. But I do own several pairs of LuLaRoe leggings. The first pair (the oldest one) lasted forever.  But the quality went downhill from the first few batches.  I think they probably tried to save money and changed the material. The later pairs all ripped after just a few wearings.  I got the later leggings from the neighborhood mom consultants who couldn't make any money off the leggings that they were selling them off cheap at garage sales.  It's sad that they invested whole bunch of money for the inventory and ended up only recovering a fraction of amount at garage sales.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn’t Meri from sister wives sell this brand?  

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp  I'm pretty sure she did.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

@Snoopp   She still does.  It actually came up on my news feed a couple of days ago.  Christine also sells it now.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I had never heard of this company, but the sales/management model, according to the mini series, certainly screamed pyramid scheme.   I don't know how anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together could deny that with a straight face.  

I don't remember the series saying they focused on military families, but they certainly "spoke" to stay at home moms, and, later, their husbands.   They wanted those families to be ALL IN.

The couple at the top are the very definition of greedy, as are many of their family members.  It seemed that some of the upline sales people were very successful and made some serious coin, at least at first.  I wonder if any of them thought it was too good to be true, and plowed ahead anyway.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ooh, I've got to watch this.  There was a time when every woman in my town was decked in LuLaRoe.  The prints began getting so loud and baudy that I considered them the Huckapoo shirts of the 21st Century.

I never bought in and was happy for that when the stories of them ripping apart began coming in.  

Thanks for posting about the documentary.