Valued Contributor

Loved movie Somewhere in time

Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour were hypnotic.

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Loved movie Somewhere in time

@GiantsLover  One of my favorite movies too!  I have seen it several times when it is on....but not for at least 15 years.  Very magical and sweet! 

Honored Contributor

WONDERFUL!!!!

Honored Contributor

I play the soundtrack at home from time to time.

I always feel so girly feminine when I hear it! 🌼💛

Honored Contributor

I love that movie. Ever since I saw it, I've always wanted to go to the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island and stay there.

Honored Contributor

Yes I love this movie too.  I haven’t seen it in years but now It’s on my radar.  Thanks.

Super Contributor

I am sitting right next to my large Somewhere in Time doll by Marie Osmond, she's beautiful.  One Valentines Day the movie was on TV and it had an extra part at the end that showed Christopher Reeve and his wife Dana at a fan event celebrating the movie.  I think it was at the location where the movie was filmed.  I tried to record it but my dvr failed.  I would love to see that extra part again but have never found it.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been to Mackinaw Island many times....it’s such a beautiful and special place.  If you get the chance, go!    

Esteemed Contributor

@GiantsLover   My neighbor and I took a tour with a wonderful guide who I had traveled with. 

We went from Va and into Canada to see Niagra but also to Mackinac Island to tour and spend a night at the Grand Hotel.

I have always loved the movie Somewhere in time and have it memorized. 

In a small parlor there is the portrait of Jane Seymour. There are music boxes that play the songs. 

Dressing for dinner and public rooms is mandatory and they ring a bell to warn people. The food was outstanding and I kept remembering the ballroom scenes from the movie.

Red geraniums encircled the porch and were repeated in the bedrooms on drapes linens and bed coverings. But it’s not air conditioned! The windows are open for the Summer breeze and you can hear the horses hoofs since there are no cars allowed. 

I never could find the rooms Christopher Reeve and Jane stayed in. I think the numbers were fictitious since people would be annoying other guests.

Mackinac and the Grand Hotel seem like a past time. 

Valued Contributor

My husband and I have been to Mackinac too and stayed at the Grand Hotel.  I have never seen the movie but saw all of the movie sites.  They still have a Somewehre in Time weekend every year at the hotel.  I just looked it up and this October will be the 29th one.