Respected Contributor

Love on Iceland- Hallmark Movie

Who watched this movie last night?    Did you like it?    It wasn't one of my favorites.  

I'm sure many enjoyed the location scenery but I honestly have to say that Iceland wouldn't be on my must see list.    I found much of the locale to be a little depressing.  I think I'm more of a sunshine and beach type person.   The only thing that I did really like was the bubble room where they slept for one night.  It would be fun to spend a night in something like that.  

I did like the Hallmark movie "Winter in Vail".   I'm sure most of it was shot in Canada and not in Vail but still the scenery was beautiful.    

Honored Contributor

Re: Love on Iceland- Hallmark Movie

I recorded it but haven't watched yet. 

'My sister and her husband went to Iceland almost two years ago, in the summer. They loved it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I thought Iceland was green and Greenland was cold.  LOL

I am also scratching my head that Collin whatever left Chicago Med for this.

But Ryan Paevy left GH for this.

Then you have Daniel Lissing leaving When Calls the Heart for the occasional guest on CBS shows.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Did not care for the movie. Story was too thin. 

Esteemed Contributor

LOL I probably was paying too mucy attention to the scenery to even notice the story!  Since I was just in Reykjavik for a few nights myself in November, I was trying to determine if I recognized where they were (there were definitely a few locations I found familiar).  Even though I enjoyed it, I would have preferred a summer themed movie located there.

In general, I really like when they film their movies in other cities/countries.  I admit that I am often disappointed, but this one kept my attention.

Honored Contributor

Iceland is on my short list!
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl 

Winter in Vail was filmed on location and some of it was filmed in Canada. I live in Colorado and have been to Vail many times and I recognized some of the shots.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not impressed with Iceland, the storyline, or the main male actor.  Not the best.  Couldn't get into the character he was playing. Didn't appear to be sincere.  Definitely, not compatible with the main female character.

I kept asking myself "What does she see in him?"

Overall a disappointment.  

I like Paul Green, Andrew Walker, and Marc Blucas, all very good actors.  Any one would have been good in this role.  

Super Contributor

I enjoyed watching the movie for the location shots.  I am lucky enough to have gone to Iceland and saw many placesin the movie that I visited. .  Iceland is so  beautiful in a different kind of way.  It is also  very expensive!  Most expensive place that I have traveled to in rcent years.    I did visit in the summer so didn't have all the ice or snow shown in the show.  That being said, the plot was weak I think; as are the plots of most of these Hallmark movies1!

Honored Contributor

I have to say I expected more.

As many of you said, there wasn't much plot.  I particularly was disappointed that they added that classic Hallmark bit of overhearing part of a conversation and basing their next important decision on only that.  And then it was all resolved too simply, as if they had run out of ideas at the end.  

I ended up doing a bit of research on the lack of trees (yes, it was the Vikings' fault along with shallow soil depth) and found that there is a tree-planting program in place, and encouragement to do so.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.