Honored Contributor

I love this show, and I like the banter between David and Hilary..I have often wondered when they say List It, how often they actually buy the house that David showed them that won them over???

I bet rarely, because like someone else mentioned here too much time has gone by by the time Hilary finishes the renovations...

Also where do these people stay the whole time their home is being renovated? Hotel? Extended Stay? Family?

I still love the show though...

Esteemed Contributor

I enjoy this show!  I enjoy seeing the homes and the renovation projects!

I've read the same as @ninjawife that the homeowners may pay for the furniture if they wish.  I have watched many episodes and don't recall ever hearing that the furniture and decor is included in Hilary's budget.  The renovation costs are always understated, I believe they don't include contractor markups and design fees, just materials and labor.

I don't think they have ever claimed that the homeowners are buying the house that David shows them if they decide to list their home, I think the idea is to show the alternatives.

Of course, in the overwhelming majority of the shows the family loves their home remodeled just to meet their needs because why not!

Just fun for me to watch home design...  I binge watched Help! I Wrecked My House the other day and that was fun to watch too.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I enjoy this show!  I enjoy seeing the homes and the renovation projects!

I've read the same as @ninjawife that the homeowners may pay for the furniture if they wish.  I have watched many episodes and don't recall ever hearing that the furniture and decor is included in Hilary's budget.  The renovation costs are always understated, I believe they don't include contractor markups and design fees, just materials and labor.

I don't think they have ever claimed that the homeowners are buying the house that David shows them if they decide to list their home, I think the idea is to show the alternatives.

Of course, in the overwhelming majority of the shows the family loves their home remodeled just to meet their needs because why not!

Just fun for me to watch home design...  I binge watched Help! I Wrecked My House the other day and that was fun to watch too.

I like this show too and think Jasmine Roth is great. She seems so genuine and nice.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 

I've read online people previously on the show have stated that two endings are filmed both love it and list it & they choose which ending later for whatever purpose they need. Ive seen couples who say list it never moved and they're still in their homes & show pictures to prove it.  I think there may have been a couple lawsuits also for shoddy workmanship. Not sure exactly, there have been a few remodel shows sued including the girl in Chicago, that was a whopper.

Valued Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@kaydee50 

I've read online people previously on the show have stated that two endings are filmed both love it and list it & they choose which ending later for whatever purpose they need. Ive seen couples who say list it never moved and they're still in their homes & show pictures to prove it.  I think there may have been a couple lawsuits also for shoddy workmanship. Not sure exactly, there have been a few remodel shows sued including the girl in Chicago, that was a whopper.

@rockygems123, I read the same thing. I have read too many things about the truth to the show and it's ruined it for me. I still watch once in awhile but it's not the same now that I know some of these secrets.

Respected Contributor

I like this show but I always think that when they bring back their personal belongings it will not look good like it does when Hillary is finished.   They will junk it up and be messy and it will look like it did.  I just enjoy the way you can re arrange the square footage to work for you.  

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I like this show but I always think that when they bring back their personal belongings it will not look good like it does when Hillary is finished.   They will junk it up and be messy and it will look like it did.  I just enjoy the way you can re arrange the square footage to work for you.  

@chiclet I think that as well. Of course it looks fantastic with Hilary's decor, but obviously will look so much different with their own furnishings! Also I always have noticed that when David is showing the couple a house, the doors are always closed in every room, is that just for a Wow factor? With all of its quirks I still really enjoy it, and I enjoy not only seeing Hilary's finished product, but the other homes that David has found for them as well....

Honored Contributor

One thing I've always wondered about is how many of these projects do they have going at one time.  It can take months to do a remodel and this has to be completed to be able to air just one one-hour show.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like this show.  However it always seems that Hilary wins more than the realtor.  I know, I know, it's already pre-determined in real life, but at least they can balance out the "list it" decisions more.  It's so skewed to the "love it group.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor
I no longer watch the show - find it too “dramatic”, especially compared to other shows now. Hilary seems to promise the world and yells at the client when they can’t give her more money. The show’s concept is based on pitting people against each other and the homeowners aren’t good enough actors to play their staged parts.