Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Island - Here's another -- can't believe I'm watching it --- show!

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

A few thoughts.  I knew the minute Connor got dumped, he would run to find McKensie.  Sheesh --- he didn't even wait until he left the Island!!!  Poor dumb guy.  Good luck with that!  

As for Kierstan -- she is being nice regarding Carrington being with the other girl -- but you can tell -- she's still got the hots for Carrington.  I know he is making all nice, nice, with the little blonde.  He's acting all sweet, kind, caring, thoughtful but for some reason -- it doesn't ring true for me.  It's like he's playacting.

Bennett --- I can't get a good read on him yet.  He speaks and carries himself well.  Haven't decided if he's a big player or not - yet.

Moira is so cute but she's a hot mess.  She says she wants true love.  But she's all over the place and does not seem at all prepared to make a commitment to anybody.  If she sees a "boy", then she thinks she wants him.  Then, the next one, then the next one.  She should just concentrate on herself and try to get her head figured out.

Connr showed himself to be a true wimp! But I wasn't surprised, he misses that Teddy Bear...

Yes, Carrington showed his true colors last night. I was skeptical of his "romance" with Laura and sure enough he dumped her pretty quick for the new girl, Laken (?). He seems to be the most polished of the crew. I wonder if he's a serious actor? I also think he's made himself a target -- Lauren, Kierstin, Moira may be willing to vote him out at some point.

Bennet isn't as sophisticated as he started out looking to be. He's more like Connor I'm thinking. He reminds me of Christopher Reeve in looks. Who was his "famous" girlfriend?

The whole Johnny and Sely date was so, so, so -- I was spellbound. But all through the drama, I kept thinking why did Sely wear that outfit....not her, too casual for the SERIOUS (!) date....I guess I'm not taking the series the way I'm supposed to  Smiley LOL

You're right there must be a team of writers and consultants pushing this along but I'm loving every minute of it!

Also, I think Moira may be toast after last night unless some new guys come into the game.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

I couldn't think who Bennett reminded me of and you're right -- he does look like him! 

A lot scripting, to be sure.  But they know how to keep your attention!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate to say it but at this point I am so sick of Cely and Johnny I FF through  them and their ridiculous production-driven asking her to be his girlfriend.   <eyeroll>.  It is abundantly clear they are being shoved down our throats and they are spinning them to be a wonder couple.  

I haven't liked Carrington since the first night.   Totally cocky kid.  I would like to see Laurel and Bennet couple up.  Kiersten is completley honest about the fact that she is stil into Carrington.  I do think she is being honestly nice to Laurel.   

Does anybody know how much longer it will be on? They keep alluding to the fact there isn't much time left.

ETA:  I just looked it up and it is set to end Sept. 29.  So we should be expecting even more Johnny and Cely and less of Justine and Caleb.   Unless a super couple pops up those are the only two couples who have a chance for the big $.  So I wonder if at this point any new people will be coming in.  

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I hate to say it but at this point I am so sick of Cely and Johnny I FF through  them and their ridiculous production-driven asking her to be his girlfriend.   <eyeroll>.  It is abundantly clear they are being shoved down our throats and they are spinning them to be a wonder couple.  

I haven't liked Carrington since the first night.   Totally cocky kid.  I would like to see Laurel and Bennet couple up.  Kiersten is completley honest about the fact that she is stil into Carrington.  I do think she is being honestly nice to Laurel.   

Does anybody know how much longer it will be on? They keep alluding to the fact there isn't much time left.

ETA:  I just looked it up and it is set to end Sept. 29.  So we should be expecting even more Johnny and Cely and less of Justine and Caleb.   Unless a super couple pops up those are the only two couples who have a chance for the big $.  So I wonder if at this point any new people will be coming in.  

I keep forgetting they are all on Love Island for the money.

Carrington is cocky and really insensitive.  He belongs with Lincoln.   They have the same personalities like he claims !

I too am sick of Johnny and Cely.  The corny 'be my Girlfriend' was too much for me.  I turned the channel.  It was over the top.  I kinda lost my taste for the show after that.

I am growing tired of Big Brother too. 

My brain cells must be multiplying !!!

Esteemed Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

I keep forgetting they are all on Love Island for the money.

Carrington is cocky and really insensitive.  He belongs with Lincoln.   They have the same personalities like he claims !

I too am sick of Johnny and Cely.  The corny 'be my Girlfriend' was too much for me.  I turned the channel.  It was over the top.  I kinda lost my taste for the show after that.

I am growing tired of Big Brother too. 

My brain cells must be multiplying !!!

Exactly feel the same way about losing my taste for the show after that.  

And also BB.  I basically watch maybe 15 minutes per show at best and aside from that just read Gardenman's updates on the BB thread.  Aside from last night....I was sure to catch what zingbot had to say.  ;-)

LOL about the brain cells multiplyiing.  I just like this mindless garbage because of the overload of true reality in 2020.  Nice mindless break for a little while each night.

Esteemed Contributor

Listened to a podcast today with reality steve and Tre.  Tre was talking about his time there, his thoughts on people, etc.  Also spoke about how it works, that the top couple is voted for and there is a monetary win.  They were trying to remember if it is each person from the winning couple choses an envelope and the one who gets the money in it gets to choose if that person wants to keep it for themself or split it.  Anyway, I don't know if anybody wants to hear the dish.  If anybody does, I will post in a spoiler tag so only those who want to know will see it.  Not anything outlandish, but a fun listen while cleaning nonetheless.  

Honored Contributor

I read where the winning couple gets $100K, but only if they are willing to share...?? Does that mean 50/50 between the two? That's kinda dumb. Who wouldn't want to share to get the money?? Wasn't last year's winnings $50K for each one in the couple? So this years's winnings aren't any different if they split it 50/50.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

I agree!  I had to fastforward through that ridiculous garbage of Cely and Johnny, too!  What are we --- in grade school?  So stupid.  I am sick of them as well.

Agree about Carrington --- he is so coc*y!  Now he's all fawning all over the new girl.  If I were Laurel, I'd tell him -- I'm making your decision easier for you --- take her, she's all yours --- I'm done with you!  

Kierstan can't be too bright either if she still is hung up on him!  Bennett got shot down by her.  She pretty much told him --- be gone!  

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

Interesting about the info!  Post whatever dish you have -- I'd love to hear!!!  

Honored Contributor

How did you all like the performances by the guys with their tool belts and all?  

I think, surprisingly, that Calvin had the best moves!  I don't think he is typically thought of as the most handsome or se*iest of the bunch, but he has this wholesome cuteness about him!  I thought he really had it going on!  Ha-ha!!!  

I thought that was really lousy when Carrington a/k/a Mr. Player, picked Lakelyn instead of Laurel!  Typical of him!  But -- I loved when Bennett picked Laurel!  However, it didn't seem to phase Carrington or Kierstan!