Honored Contributor

Re: Love Island - Here's another -- can't believe I'm watching it --- show!

@AngelPuppy1 

Yes, this show does seem to be getting better as time goes on. I'm no expert about the show but have been watching on and off throughout the season. I decided to start recording it so I don't miss anything!! LOL!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree, Cely would make a great Bachelorette.  Clearly the producers love her.  I just wish she hadn't picked Johnny.   And when she chose him, that whole speech of going through all this made her into a woman or whatever it was was groanworthy.  No, Cely, having your man treat you the way Johnny does with the lies and the cheating and you accepting it doesn't make you a woman; showing him the door is what would make you a woman.  Also, note, when he gives her the speeches and tears up, he always makes sure to look at the camera.  lol.  Hopefully they're in this together for the $$ and she won't get her heart broken.

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I agree, Cely would make a great Bachelorette.  Clearly the producers love her.  I just wish she hadn't picked Johnny.   And when she chose him, that whole speech of going through all this made her into a woman or whatever it was was groanworthy.  No, Cely, having your man treat you the way Johnny does with the lies and the cheating and you accepting it doesn't make you a woman; showing him the door is what would make you a woman.  Also, note, when he gives her the speeches and tears up, he always makes sure to look at the camera.  lol.  Hopefully they're in this together for the $$ and she won't get her heart broken.

I agree, I would've dumped Johnny in a minute and I was surprised she didn't. But think of the average viewer (not us irreverent ones) and thought later she put herself in safety for future popular couples votes.

I was surprised when Moira picked who she did (he's made such a great impression on me I can't remember his name) but I think she went for safety votes, too. Also, didn't he dump her before?

Let's see what Johnny does with the two new girls.....

Yes, I get a real kick out of all of them auditioning

Esteemed Contributor

Is it just me who thinks this whole storyline with Johnny asking Cely to be his girlfriend is absolutely ridiculous?   And I shudder to think that they will use up the whole hour to show it.

The new dark-haired girl reminds me so much of Mila Kunis.  She seems like a very nice girl.  That is one thing I like about this show.  They all seem to be so kind and friendly to each other.  Even if it's the new guys or girls coming in with the intent to snag their man or girl, they are really nice to them.  Kiersten and Laurel seem to be very tight.  No cat fights iike on the other reality shows (Bachelor).  At least not that they show us.

Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

Cely was soooo upset and then --- boom --- all forgotten!  Oh, well.  I'm sure Johnny was thrilled when the other guy had to leave.

The guys putting on their little dances!  Wow!  I wasn't ready for that!  Hot, hot, hot.  Well, you knew the girls -- most of them any way --- would be good at that sort of thing.  I figured Kierstan would be on it and Justine, since she's a go-go dancer -- and Cely!!  

Then, at the end of the show --- the 2 new girls!  One angel and one devil!  The blonde looked so familiar?  Well, here we go again --- ha!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

Could very well be -- Moira is sort of in a gray area right now.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I know.  It's way more entertaining than I would have thought!  I'm totally enjoying it.  It gets your mind off of all the serious stuff going on in the world right now - just for a little while! 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

I agree with you all about Cely not picking Johnny.  But at this point, I think its all about strategy and winning the game.  Maybe they'll win and then she'll kick him to the curb!  I remember watching this one show, I'm not sure if it was Temptation Island, or which one, but the girl had really worked this one guy over and he seemed like a really decent guy, so he played along until the very end, making her think that he was with her, and then - bang --- he dropped the hammer on her!  She was stunned.  He won the whole thing!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

A lot of it seems very juvenile to me, but then I remind myself --- these people are in their early and middle 20s.  What do I know about the dating world now???  Of course, I believe a lot of this stuff is pure fiction -- made up for t.v. and to garner attention and voter popularity, etc.  I guess that's another strategy --- trying to be nice to your competition!!  Also -- while at times --- many times --- stabbing them in the back.  

Honored Contributor

A few thoughts.  I knew the minute Connor got dumped, he would run to find McKensie.  Sheesh --- he didn't even wait until he left the Island!!!  Poor dumb guy.  Good luck with that!  

As for Kierstan -- she is being nice regarding Carrington being with the other girl -- but you can tell -- she's still got the hots for Carrington.  I know he is making all nice, nice, with the little blonde.  He's acting all sweet, kind, caring, thoughtful but for some reason -- it doesn't ring true for me.  It's like he's playacting.

Bennett --- I can't get a good read on him yet.  He speaks and carries himself well.  Haven't decided if he's a big player or not - yet.

Moira is so cute but she's a hot mess.  She says she wants true love.  But she's all over the place and does not seem at all prepared to make a commitment to anybody.  If she sees a "boy", then she thinks she wants him.  Then, the next one, then the next one.  She should just concentrate on herself and try to get her head figured out.