Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Island - Here's another -- can't believe I'm watching it --- show!

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@candyagain 

Glad you got your hair done!  Boy, mine needs it!

I agree about Johnny and Cely!

I believe also that Carrington chose Laurel because he didn't want viewers to dislike him.  Otherwise, I think he would have chosen Laken.  

At this point -- I've never been a huge fan of Justine but I do like Caleb, so I hope they end up winning.

Me, too.  Kierstan, poor girl -- just couldn't get over Carrington.  What a shame -- he's such a scumbag.  

I hadn't had my hair done since March. I feel like myself now. I also know I'm not one of those wonderful snowwhite haired older women. I was kind of a tired grey tabby cat.

I think Justine and Caleb are top of the list, too..

Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@candyagain 

I believe also that Carrington chose Laurel because he didn't want viewers to dislike him.  Otherwise, I think he would have chosen Laken.  

At this point -- I've never been a huge fan of Justine but I do like Caleb, so I hope they end up winning.

Me, too.  Kierstan, poor girl -- just couldn't get over Carrington.  What a shame -- he's such a scumbag.  

I hadn't had my hair done since March. I feel like myself now. I also know I'm not one of those wonderful snowwhite haired older women. I was kind of a tired grey tabby cat.

@candyagain , I thought I had commented on your hair.  I made it from March to June I think it was.  The gov reopened salons for a week or two.  At the beginining I was so glad because I was wanting to grow out my hair, both length and color.  By June I couldn't wait to get in there and cut it off and get it colored!  But at least now I know.

I hope Justine and Caleb win.  I fear it may be Johnny and Cely.  Should they win and there is the option to keep or split, I hope Johnny keeps (which I think he would) and then the hostess says in that event the whole amount goes to the partner who wanted to share. Woman LOL

Now if Cely kept it all I would be absolutely fine with that!

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@candyagain wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@candyagain 

@candyagain , I thought I had commented on your hair.  I made it from March to June I think it was.  The gov reopened salons for a week or two.  At the beginining I was so glad because I was wanting to grow out my hair, both length and color.  By June I couldn't wait to get in there and cut it off and get it colored!  But at least now I know.

I hope Justine and Caleb win.  I fear it may be Johnny and Cely.  Should they win and there is the option to keep or split, I hope Johnny keeps (which I think he would) and then the hostess says in that event the whole amount goes to the partner who wanted to share. Woman LOL

Now if Cely kept it all I would be absolutely fine with that!

I would love that outcome! I'm hoping tho' that Justine and Caleb get the #1 vote. If therte's an America's favorite, that could be Sely. I do think that we'll see Sely again. She's a natural and likeable.

Just looked at my newly cut and colored hair in the mirror. It's me again, not only the color but it had gotten so long it was uncomfortable and wild looking. Not a critical thing but a real lift to self-esteem!

I think you watch Big Brother, too. Dull season. At least the Next Door Neighbor wasn't Paul or Jesse. What did Dr. Will have to add to the game -- again? I'd like to see all new players next time. I think the interaction between players the best part of these shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain , I hear ya.  I'm so glad you were able to get the hair taken care of.  Were your salons closed for that long or you chose to wait to go back in?

And yes, I do watch BB and horrible season.  I thought Dr. Will looked awful...like a vampire or something.  But...yes!!!!!  I was so sure it was going to be Jesse!  What a relief it wasn't.  I hadn't thought about Paul though thank gooness.  He's  gone on social media to update his pronouns to "they" and "them", etc...so oops.  I guess I should have said they've gone on social meda to update their pronouns. I get it if that's what people want to do, but they need to come up with a new pronoun in the English language because for now it just sounds like these people have multiple personalities or are hearing voices.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

Yeah, some tears and sad stories to get votes.

I didn't understand that either -- Laurel being worst girlfriend??  Probably should have been Moira.  The part about being 2 faced though -- I don't remember seeing anything where she was any more 2 faced than anyone else.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@candyagain 

Yeah, gearing up for the ending.  I would rather having Caleb and Justine win.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I loved the Family Visits - Everyone's spirits should be pretty high after that night ... everyone but Jonny.  

He blew it big time.  I am sure some of the Families have read what the Guests on Love Island think of him ... and the same with Carrington.

I think Carrington may have experienced a wake-up call.  Time will tell.

Justine and Caleb for the win.  I used to really like Cely but she works TOO hard to be 'cute'.  

I keep checking the internet for an expiration date on Love Island and have had any luck.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sktchy , yes, I enjoyed the family visits much more than I thought I would.  Poor Johnny...he sure likes to play the victim card.  I thought Cely's family went really easy on him.  Apparently her and his families had a lot to say.  It will be interesting to see if they last outside.  Reality Steve is planning to get various islanders on his podcasts so I will look for them.  

I think LI ends this week.  Wednesday is the last day it is showing up on my DVR to be recorded.

As far as Cely, yes, she is adorable and so full of energy, but man, a little of her goes a long way.  All I could think by this week they are probably so sick of her first thing in the morning hyperness.   

Hopefully Justine and Caleb win.  

Trusted Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@candyagain , I hear ya.  I'm so glad you were able to get the hair taken care of.  Were your salons closed for that long or you chose to wait to go back in?

And yes, I do watch BB and horrible season.  I thought Dr. Will looked awful...like a vampire or something.  But...yes!!!!!  I was so sure it was going to be Jesse!  What a relief it wasn't.  I hadn't thought about Paul though thank gooness.  He's  gone on social media to update his pronouns to "they" and "them", etc...so oops.  I guess I should have said they've gone on social meda to update their pronouns. I get it if that's what people want to do, but they need to come up with a new pronoun in the English language because for now it just sounds like these people have multiple personalities or are hearing voices.

I think my hairdresser, who I'd been with for years retired. Kept waiting for her call when the salons opened and left voicemails. Tough to go to a new hairdresser but the new one was great!! I waited too long but maybe not as the virus precautions have improved everywhere.

LOL, Dr. Wiill as vampire. I watched the recaps last night and you nailed it! He looked bad....unless that's a plot twist? New vampire neighbor for Halloween? If it had been Jesse or Paul I would almost have stopped watching. Been watching since the second episode of the first season so it'd be tough.

Is Paul just woke or is there another reason he's changing his pronouns? Agree, it's getting tough to have a conversation without being corrected or giving offense. The royal "We "is back in style I guess, Smiley Happy Next generation will solve the vocabulary changing.

Esteemed Contributor

@candyagain , I'm so glad you found a new hairdresser you're happy with.  That can be real hit and miss.  I know a few of my friends' hairdressers have gone out of business during this shutdown.

I think that's just how Dr. Will looks.  He's a dermatologist so I think he has just overdone so looks like a waxen figure.   Add his hair color to that and you have a vampire.  

No idea about Paul.  I don't really follow him per se; I just happened to see an article.  It is hard to keep track of all these people and what we are to be calling them so as not to offend.   There was a comment after the article saying basically seriously?  After calling himself "your boy" for how long?  lol