Respected Contributor

Love Connection...just watched it.

There is no way I would turn down $10,000 for someone I had just met and went on one date with.   You could always get together later as I am sure you might have gotten their numbers if you really clicked.  Even if I had to go on the over night date with someone I did not like, we could go to the resort and just go different ways.  Really kind of a stupid premise.  I definitely like the old version better. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Love Connection...just watched it.

The original was always a fave of mine, love Chuck Woolery.

Contributor

Totally agree.  I noticed at the end they showed the couples and the woman that chose the guy over the $$$, kicked him to the curb when she found out he was still living with his ex.  Then she started dating the guy she was making goo goo eyes at with the 5 year old daughter.  So she should have taken the money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I was desperate to find anything on television worth watching.  Out of curiosity I did watch part of this show. What a really stupid premises this was.  So you go out on a date with someone and if the win you go on an overnight with them?  This is supposed to be a "love" connection? More like just a cheap hook up if you ask me. No love involved here.  I won't be in the viewing audience for this one again, even if they chain me to the chair!

I did enjoy the original with Chuck Woolery (sp?) though. Sorry this one doesn't make the grade.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it, but not impressed.  It is obviously planned/scripted.  That woman w/her blond wig was not believeable.  And then the guy she chose was still living w/his ex.  How phony.

Contributor

But she liked herself, PATRIOT

Respected Contributor

@chiclet  @1950DeDee  I believe they only receive the $10,000 if the audience members had chosen the same person they had chosen.  They first show who the guy or girl chooses, and that person walks out onto the stage. Then they show who the audience had chosen, and that person walks out.  If both the audience and the guy or girl choose the same person, then the guy or girl wins the $10,000.  I'd have to watch it again, but I think that was the premise.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@1950DeDee wrote:

But she liked herself, PATRIOT

I didn't like her hair, but I thought she had a really pretty face. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ran across it by mistake/accident.  Anyway, it did more or less keep my attention, in between channel surfing.   I just might watch it next week.   ..............  Just as a reminder, Friday night (tomorrow night):  'First Dates' episode.   Which I seem to enjoy watching.  So far.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I watched last night because there really wasn't much on. I didn't care for it, hopefully some of my summer cable shows are returning and I'll be saved from this show! I like First Dates much better which is having it's season finale tonight.