Trusted Contributor

Re: Love Connection...just watched it.

@I like celeryI think half of the premise went like this:

If the date the contestant chose was not the same as the date the audience chose, the contestant has the option to either accept their first choice and go on a second date OR give them the heave-ho and take $10,000.

And if their choice and the audience's is the same, they also get $10,000.

"I think. . ."

You know, in re-reading your post I may have said the same thing you did, only in a slightly different way. LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle

I always enjoyed Chuck Woolery on the "old" show as well.

Respected Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@I like celeryI think half of the premise went like this:

If the date the contestant chose was not the same as the date the audience chose, the contestant has the option to either accept their first choice and go on a second date OR give them the heave-ho and take $10,000.

And if their choice and the audience's is the same, they also get $10,000.

"I think. . ."

You know, in re-reading your post I may have said the same thing you did, only in a slightly different way. LOL!

@sandraskates  I was only half right -- I watched the episode again!  Smiley LOL 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

Hi all.... I watched this show.... the first half was great.... the second half was not so good.... the audience chose the guy that she had NO chemistry with and he had none with her.....

I thought....what a cruel trick the audience played on her.

I did not believe Steve for a minute that his daughter was a big part of his life when he didnt mention her AT ALL.... not one time in introducing himself on the first date for 6 hrs.... Even tho she ended up with him I dont believe it will last.

I was not a big fan of Chuck Woolery.... I will give Andy another chance.

Honored Contributor

It's ridiculous for the audience to vote who the contestant should date, not knowing the contestants or the potential daters, and just seeing a 15 second clip.You can't form an opinion base on that.

Respected Contributor

Andy made a joke about the female contestant saying she'd never dated a white man.  Can you imagine if it had been a Caucasian female making a similar comment about never dating a black man?

Trusted Contributor

@muttmom....I thought the gal had said in a "round about way" that she had never dated a white man.... and Andy just reiterated it.... did anyone else hear the same thing?

Respected Contributor

Maybe I missed it but no one is mentioning in date #1 the woman who was given $500 for the date and she took it, made him pay his half of dinner.

That was the BEST!  Too funny...I can't believe she owned up to copping the money.

Just another mindless show.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Maybe I missed it but no one is mentioning in date #1 the woman who was given $500 for the date and she took it, made him pay his half of dinner.

That was the BEST!  Too funny...I can't believe she owned up to copping the money.

Just another mindless show.

At least this show gives the couple $500 to spend on the date. I have been watching First Dates and the restaurant (which is high end)  always presents the table with a bill. I can't believe the show doesn't pay for the couple's meal.