Honored Contributor

Marie Osmond is on right now. She was cute as a button. She looks very similar today. We get the channel Decades on optimum cable.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I just checked my channel guide, for the heck of it, and our 187 is called THISTV.   It also has a lot of old shows.  Today looks like all westerns (not my thing), but I scrolled further and see a lot of other older shows and movies.     

With cable, each market has its own different channel numbers from what I've seen.  Seems like it w/b easier to use the same numbers universally.  I've always wondered why they don't.

@chickenbutt

we get THIS TV on comcast cable also. i enjoy watching cagney and lacey late sunday nights.

Yes, THIS is a part of FOX, they air mostly movies.

Honored Contributor

ME TV and Antenna TV air all the old TV series, going way back.  LAFF TV also airs old series and movies.

Honored Contributor

They aired excellent episode this afternoon with Joan Rivers playing a breast cancer survivor, she did excellent job.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11  I liked that episode!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Valued Contributor
Trinity11 - I saw that episode last night too. I happened to be channel surfing and came across it so I watched. Marie still looks the same. I used to love that show. I remember it was on Saturday nights with the show Fantasy Island following. I also watched a Love Boat episode this morning with Connie Stevens in it. I used to watch her when she sold her skin care and makeup line on HSN.
Honored Contributor

I get Decades Channel.  It's a subchannel to Channel 3, the local CBS affiliate.  Most cable companies assign over-the-air subchannels (like Decades) to the far end of the channel spectrum - 100's, 200's, 300's, and higher.  -- to places you don't normally channel surf.

Love Boat is a fun show.  The cast was good, and the guest stars kept it interesting.  I just watched for a few minuutes and Minnie Pearl was on - loved her!

Honored Contributor

I caught 1 episode with Helen Hayes as a guest star. I watched this show faithfully back in the day dreaming of going on a cruise. Silly mindless fun is the pefect description. I can only watch so much of the shows I used to love. Some I still continue to watch and still enjoy as opposed to huh...I loved this?

Frazier still holds up for me but Cheers doesn't. That is just me since I love Niles.

Honored Contributor

Niles was also my favorite character from Frasier.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I enjoy watching Love Boat every weekend! Wasn't it on Saturday nights? Back when it was a first-run show, I was rarely home on a Saturday night. So most of these shows are new to me. The story lines and regular cast/crew are fun, but the best part for me is seeing all the stars. I was surprised to learn that Captain Stubing married Mrs. Cunningham!