Esteemed Contributor

It must be "Bing" Day to day on TCM. Movies all day with Bing Crosby in the cast. Never thought he was the best actor, but his vocal are so smooth and rich. Could listen to him all day!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Love Bing Crosby movies???

High Society just went off, wonderful cast!!! Next is Man on Fire, very dramatic role for Bing, fighting for custody of his son.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it was just a short run of three or four movies with Bing! The movie on now does not have him in the cast....

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/2/2014 corita said:

It must be "Bing" Day to day on TCM. Movies all day with Bing Crosby in the cast. Never thought he was the best actor, but his vocal are so smooth and rich. Could listen to him all day!!!

Of course, I meant vocals!!

Trusted Contributor

I always liked ""Going My Way"". His singing is really beautiful for sure.

Super Contributor

Did you know ... Bing was one of the first singers to use a microphone?

Back in the day, singers had to project, so that everyone could hear. The microphone allowed Bing to be soft, smooth, and mellow. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trivia ... have not fact-checked, but it's a nice story, no?

Honored Contributor

I had always loved Bing Crosby as a child and White Christmas is still my favorite Christmas song. However, after his sons disclosed in a book what an unloving and mean father he was, my dream sorta popped like a balloon.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

I am old enough to have seen the originals in the theaters. Some say alcohol played a big part. Sad family life.

Honored Contributor

I saw ""Man on Fire"" years ago but was disappointed in it this time around.

He made a TV movie called ""Dr. Cook's Secret Garden"". We have a copy of it but took a long time to find it. He plays a kindly doctor in a small town( the only doctor) but if you are bad or ruining some one's life then he ""chops"" you. I heard or read somewhere that the family pulled all copies of the film after his death because it shows him in such a bad light.

On another note: I think he introduced tape recorders to the US.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I think I like High Society. I remember when he was still alive his last wife (I think I'm remembering right, but mix stuff up) got a divorce from him and she and his son (Gary, I think was his name) dished dirt on him. They talked about him being mean. That's all back then, being mean to them. She was way younger than he was.

After that I just couldn't look at him as the sweet man he always seemed to be. You know how you put these people in a certain mindset and then it changes. The truth was probably something inbetween.

Boy! Could he sing.

This all makes me realize how old I am! Ha! I remember him being alive. I remember Gregory Peck, all of them!

Phew! I have to go sit down now.