Honored Contributor

Re: Love Actually ( Where Have I Been)

In 2017 the director and much of the cast came together to make Red Nose Day Actually to raise money for charity.  It updates what happened to many of the characters in their lives and it's fun and wonderful and raised a ton of money.

There are two versions, the UK version and the U.S.  The U.S. version is longer and has Laura Linney so google Red Nose Day Actually U.S. Version. 

Emma Thompson was emotionally unable to participate since it was done so close to Alan Rickman's death.

I love the movie and would never watch an edited version, it ruins it.

And for those who have never seen it I wish this thread was marked SPOILERS since there are so many.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I made a fool out of myself on here reviewing this movie last year or the year before!

LOVE it (and do not remember loving it the first time!)

Isn’t it fun? Especially the music!

I also adore this movie and watch it several times a year.

I, too, enjoy the music, especially the three instrumentals written by Craig Armstrong (The Portugal Theme. The Prime Ministers Theme, The Glasgow Theme)..  Years ago I was going to purchse the soundtrack, but found those three pieces were not included in the American version and was bummed.  Now I find the UK version has them - guess it'll be a late Christmas gift to myself!

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wonderful film with a fabulous cast.

I tell everyone who asks what my favorite Christmas movie is that this one is it.

TNT showed it last nite and mangled it with editing and the commercials.

Honored Contributor

Best Holiday movie we watch it every year in early December 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Every time I want to watch it something disrupts me..I still have not seen it. I really want to see it soon!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One of my favorite movies.  I love anything with Colin Firth and Alan Rickman. 

Respected Contributor

Not a spoiler, but every time I watch this, I forget about Colin Frissell - He cracks me up every time...

""I'm going to the States!  Yes! To a fantastic place called Wisconsin!"

Denise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

Count me in, I love this movie too. So cute and (mostly) uplifting. And the music is great, too!! It's been on TNT and TBS several times the past few weeks. 

Spoilers

Spoiler
I love Hugh Grant's character and the way he slapped down Billy Bob Thornton during the press conference. Plus the dance!! Rowan Atkinson wrapping Alan Rickman's gift was so funny. Loved the bond between Liam Neeson and his step-son. Felt so bad for Andrew Lincoln's character, but how great was that wedding scene with the music and the musicians?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2@lmt@denisemb@Catty2@DREAMON

I need to figure out how much of the movie we recorded has parts edited out.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I just searched it on my Tivo and see that, although it's only currently airing on regular cable channels (read-edited/censored, and with commercials), it looks like it's on Netflix and 'Prime Video' which isn't the 'free with Prime' option, rather it's for rent for $3.99 HD.   But if one has Netflix, it's there too so no additional cost.