Regular Contributor

Lost once again....I want to put in my sig on each post...and can't figure out how

Would any of your "head honcho contributors" be able to put it on my profie for me???

"You never know when the last time is the last  time."

(larger font and in any color!!) 

Spoiler

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

Re: Lost once again....I want to put in my sig on each post...and can't figure out how

I don't know if they can do that, but if you click the link in my signature, you'll find instructions for adding your own signature and many other things.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lost once again....I want to put in my sig on each post...and can't figure out how

You have to go into your profile and set it up yourself. I don't think another poster can do that for you.

I like how the new format allows us to block signatures to make reading a thread faster. To block sigs, you just have to go into preferences and uncheck the box next to "View Signatures in Posts" and then click Save.
Regular Contributor

I tried to do what the instructions said, so we will see if it works!!

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

Ringer2 wrote:

I tried to do what the instructions said, so we will see if it works!!

I'm glad you were successful, @Ringer2!  Keep in mind, though, that we all have the option (in our Settings, Preferences) to uncheck "View signatures in posts" so some posters still won't see your siggy.

As @Adelina suggested in your thread in Q Talk ("Question on how to have what I type automatically appear after each of my posts?") you might also want to try out the "Macro" feature

(link to other thread goes to:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Question-on-how-to-have-what-I-type-automatically-appear-after/m-...

hth!Robot Happy

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

What is the Macro feature? I saw it but don't know what it's for. Thanks.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie, it's one of those features we can try out and delete if we don't like the results.

Here's a copy of @Adelina's post from Ringer's other thread on this topic:

"@Ringer2, I think it was last week that the Admin Team explained the use of the Macro feature if you have a number of phrases that you like to alternate, other than your signature line:

"Adding a signature tag

Go to My Settings and click Preferences> then Personal Profile> then Personal Information> enter signature in box. To Not view all signatures to go Preferences> uncheck the box that says View Signatures in post.

What Is A Macro?

A Macro is a response that you set up in your account for easy access in a post. For instance, if your favorite response is, “Have an awesome day!” it will appear in a dropdown to insert easily in your post. You can set up many phrases by going to My Settings and click on Macros. Insert a title such as “greeting” and fill out the box/boxes and scroll down and SAVE.""

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I just had to sign in 3 times in a row.  It does get old.  But......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

annabellethecat wrote:

I just had to sign in 3 times in a row.  It does get old.  But......

Hi, @Annabellethecat66!  I'm sorry you're still finding it necessary to sign in multiple times.  I thought that was fixed...  I'm not seeing it happen.  I wonder if it's your browser, or if you need to clear cache and cookies to "reset" things.

I hope you saw my responses on your thread about "Questions."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

dooBdoo, thank you so much for the explanation of what a Macro is.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)