Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin returns to acting .

@Judaline wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Apparently, GAC is being run by a former Hallmark leader and it appears his efforts are to make it a clone of Hallmark, complete with Christmas movies and the whole enchilada... I might watch the channel, if not Loughlin, but it appears it's not as widely available as their press people seem to want everyone to believe it is. I live in a larger market and it's nowhere to be found... It appears Loughlin will not be a series regular, at least not yet, but will appear in the Christmas kick-off.

Is that Great American Country? They used to have country singers on that channel, but anymore all it is is log homes and RVs. 

I used to watch it all the time when it was country music videos.  Of course, that was many years ago--early 2000s or so.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette  @Lipstickdiva  Apparently, a former Hallmark Executive has moved in and below is what I see upcoming on this channel, though I can't find it locally, despite claims that it's widely available. If this lineup doesn't read like another Hallmark channel, right down to the 'stars' I'll eat my hat...

GAC Family’s Christmas Lineup So Far

Here’s a look at GAC Family’s Christmas movie lineup so far. GAC Family clarified that the new programming is going to rollout over the next month, so for now the channel may look the same as the previous programming.

October 23: “An Autumn Romance” starring Jessica Lowndes and Chad Michael Murray. (This isn’t a Christmas-themed movie.)

October 24: “Welcome to Great American Christmas” hosted by Debbie Matenopoulos and Cameron Mathison.

October 30: “Much Ado About Christmas” starring Susie Abromeit and Torrance Coombs.

November 6: “The Great Christmas Switch” starring Sarah Lind and Dillon Casey.

November 11: K-9 Hero Awards at 8 p.m. Eastern/7 p.m. Central.

November 13: “Christmas Time Is Here” starring Rukiya Bernard, Dewshane Williams, and Tom Pickett.

November 20: “A Kindhearted Christmas” starring Jennie Garth and Cameron Mathison.

November 27: “Royally Wrapped for Christmas” starring Jen Lilley and Brendan Fehr.

November 28: “Christmas Is You” starring Becca Tobin and Matthew MacCaull.

Bill Abbott, the former CEO of The Hallmark Channel, launched two new channels under the umbrella of the company GAC Media on September 27, according to a press release. The GAC Family channel has the tagline “Stories Well Told” and is an evolution of what was originally the Great American Country channel. The GAC Living channel is an evolution of the Ride TV network, which GAC Media also acquired.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb 

Well, that's certainly not at all what's on there now.  All day back-to-back Beverly Hillbilles, Bonanza, Log Homes, and a bunch of other DIY stuff.

I do watch the occasional Hallmark holiday movie, but I highly doubt I'll be tuning in for any of the fare you mentioned.

I have Dish, and GAC or GACF as it's now called is in a higher programming bracket.  I have no idea why.  🤷‍♀️

Contributor

Well Well Well..... You were right about them trying to position themselves to be the New "Old Hallmark"! Especially with Debbie & Cameron hosting something! If they play their cards right they will pick up a lot of people who were upset with Hallmark cancelling "Home & Family"! That & I'm sure there is enough of a viewing audience that is still upset with some of the choices that Hallmark is making... I mean how much of the day can a channel really devote to Reba & The Golden Girls !?? Now they just have to overcome the hurdle of being a station that can't be found!! lol Smiley Happy

Contributor

@stevieb I know Bill... I did a bit of consulting work for Hallmark when he was at the helm. He definitely can make something out of nothing & the original audience demographic will definitley follow him... like many of the talent evidently is. I've been out of circulation since the pandemic (health reasons) & I am mostly producing films now, but it was quite the hull-a-baloo when things went south & he was shown the door by the big whigs in KC! 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

She returns to When Hope Calls the spin off of When Calls the Heart on Dec 18. I know this will bother a lot of people. But i feel she did her time like Martha Stewart and she didn't murder anyone. It bothers me her daughter is on Dancing with The Stars more because they are just using her 15 minutes of fame for ratings.

@MW in Iowa 

I also say good for Lori.  Since EVERYONE makes mistakes now and then, and ITA it's not like she murdered anyone, she should get back to work. 

As for her daughters on DWTS, that's the show's problem.  They are clearly grasping at anything and anyone who might stimulate curiousity ... and ratings.  I've never heard of several of those people, but with Tom B gone, it holds no appeal anymore.

But did she ever say she made a mistake?

@Judaline 

She apologized to the judge in court.   I'd say that counts as admitting a mistake.  

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Chalk me up as another person that does not get what the big hoopla is about.

She has paid her debt to society, and she did not murder anyone.

Let the woman get on with her life. Jeez

@icezeus 

ITA ...  Many celebs who've done much worse have made their way back career-wise, so the self-righteousness on here really cracks me up.  Wow.

Honored Contributor

I can't say I have followed Lori as an actress. I do believe in second chances but she will have to earn back peoples trust. That just stands to reason.

I haven't heard any regrets and I have to admit, that concerns me.  I do think she needs to show some humility and regret if she is truely sorry. That doesn't mean "eat crow the rest of her life" but she does owe her public some honest answers, imo.  For all I know she has done that.  Hopefully, then, she can get on to a better more honest existance and be a positive in a world that so desperately needs all the positive it can get.    

Esteemed Contributor

If people like her, so be it.   They can write her love letters if they want, I don't care.

I don't care for her and won't watch anything she is in.  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@stevieb 

Well, that's certainly not at all what's on there now.  All day back-to-back Beverly Hillbilles, Bonanza, Log Homes, and a bunch of other DIY stuff.

I do watch the occasional Hallmark holiday movie, but I highly doubt I'll be tuning in for any of the fare you mentioned.

I have Dish, and GAC or GACF as it's now called is in a higher programming bracket.  I have no idea why.  🤷‍♀️

I just recently discovered I have this channel.  Old black and white reruns of The Beverly Hillbillies 24/7 on the weekends and then 24/7 Bonanza.  

I have not watched it and unless they make a radical change I will not be tuning in.  I have never really followed Lori and do not care if I see any of her work or not.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward