Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Wants a Plea Deal, Willing to Pay Substantial Fine

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@okaywitheasypay 

Aunt Becky?

@Tinkrbl44  I think that was the Full House character she played ? Wife of John Stamos' character ? 

@okaywitheasypay 

Ah ......     I never watched that show, so when this scandal broke, I really had no idea who she was.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

She and her husband just entered the courtroom. She and her husband want to keep the same legal team....I think the attorneys don’t want to defend them as a couple because they can’t get one to take the fall for the other. Lori is willing to take an ankle monitor and house arrest. How very kind of her. Smh
Trusted Contributor

Neither she nor her husband have the capacity to understand so life is treating them accordingly. I doubt her two daughters will be "influencers" and don't think any production company would touch Lori with a 10 ft. pole. I never heard of her husband, but hope he faces a boycott.

Esteemed Contributor

Mossimo probably cleared about $80 million when he sold his company years ago, so a boycott really isn't going to impact him.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lori & Mossimo arrive at Boston federal court for their Rule 44 hearing.

They will be told by a judge that they are entitled to separate representation and the risks of single counsel will be explained.  They can waive the right to individual counsel.

4ba6682718b94bfb941fda88b00edcef_md.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Mossimo probably cleared about $80 million when he sold his company years ago, so a boycott really isn't going to impact him.

Such a shame, I was hoping to demolish him too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That's not what was just published in my People Magazine.  Hummm....interesting.

You should read the article.  My daughter went to Georgetown University.  

We paid dearly for her to go there.  She got there using her own brains and our money.  When you pay the kind of money we paid you aren't as ready to forgive and forget someone who cheated to get into these schools.

I have friends who's children went to Purdue and a few other very expensive schools.  Their kids got in the old fashioned way (using their brains and paying lots of money (i.e. student loans, etc).

The best thing we did for our girls was to make sure when they graduated with Masters Degree, etc. they had no student loans.  My son-in-law's parents did the same.

Some people can't do that.  Their kids will be paying off those student loans for a long time.

Miss Lori needs to hear from them on what they think of what she and other's did.   I do know what they think, they've told me and none of us are very happy about what she and the other's did.

The problem is there are likely many more people who do that and will continue doing things like this.

I don't believe in plea deals.  I've recently been hearing about the negativity of plea deals and how it negatively affects poor people and people who don't have high priced lawyers like these terrible rich people.

I have no sympathy for any of them.  But we do all know nothing will happen to them except they'll pay out some money and this country will move on to something else.

We all know they'll never serve a day in jail.  I think a little jail would be appropriate.  After all didn't Martha go to jail?

Esteemed Contributor

The Feds like to take plea deals in most cases (except for heinous crimes like the Boston bombing.)

They record it as a successful conviction and it frees up time, resources and taxpayer $.

Based upon opinions here, if they reflect public views, Lori doesn't stand a chance at trial!
Honored Contributor

Apparently the only purpose of the hearing today was to ask the judge to let them be represented at the same time by the same legal team. Guess they will go down together.the judge agreed so we will see. They are both swearing their innocence. Amazing.
Honored Contributor

I would never call her children stupid. Neither of them apparently had shown any interest on going to college. They should have just let them do their own thing like the blogging and let them pay their own way. College at their parent’s expense would probably look pretty good then.