Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Wants a Plea Deal, Willing to Pay Substantial Fine

Oh, come on ....  rich people have been buying their kids' way into schools since forever.   This is nothing new .   Why is anyone shocked?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, come on ....  rich people have been buying their kids' way into schools since forever.   This is nothing new .   Why is anyone shocked?

@Tinkrbl44.  Yes they have but it has been the legal way with huge donations to the school. The way Lori and the rest did it was illegal. Bribes to coaches, help with testing or someone else taking the tests, lies about sports they have participated in....etc.etc.etc. They should have just parted with more money and made the donation. That should also be illegal but it will never happen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I could have sworn she had the chance for a plea deal, she wanted to fight on. If I was the prosecutor I would tell her the deal is off the table, we're going to trial.

@Jordan2 

I could have sworn the same. Maybe both of us are remembering it wrong?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 It is Aunt Becky ! Everyone knows that actors are just like the characters they portray !Smiley Wink

Of the 2 I have more respect for Felicity Huffman. She owned it at least and seems realistic.

I wish part of the punishments could be they were fined an amount that could pay for a deserving child's college that was seeking a scholarship ! I know that will not happen --but---

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay 

Aunt Becky?

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@okaywitheasypay 

Aunt Becky?

@Tinkrbl44  I think that was the Full House character she played ? Wife of John Stamos' character ? 

Honored Contributor

We watched the American Greed about these "scandals". It is terrible. Jail time? Pay a fine? Don't know. Would like to see these people give back to their community.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I could have sworn she had the chance for a plea deal, she wanted to fight on. If I was the prosecutor I would tell her the deal is off the table, we're going to trial.

@Jordan2 

I could have sworn the same. Maybe both of us are remembering it wrong?

@shaggygirl @Jordan02   She sure did have a chance in the beginning for a plea deal. It was rejected.

An article back in April .....

It looks like Lori Loughlin and her husband Mossimo Giannulli made a massive mistake in failing to accept plea deals offered to them.

The two were hit with additional charges Tuesday in their college admissions scandal and are now facing additional time in prison. And according to a report from People Magazine, it’s all because they rejected a plea deal because they don’t understand the seriousness of the charges against them.

Had the couple accepted the plea deal that more than a dozen other parents, including actress Felicity Huffman, had taken earlier this week, they would likely have been facing less than two years in prison.

“They weren’t ready to accept that,” says the source, who is familiar with the legal discussions in the case. “They’re really not seeing how serious this is.”

Instead, authorities have now tacked on money laundering charges for their alleged funneling of money to get their daughter into college via a phony charity, Key Worldwide Foundation. As a result, the couple is facing up to twenty years behind bars.

According to TMZ, if they were to accept a plea deal today, prosecutors would likely recommend a minimum of around 5 years.

“They were offered the carrot and the stick,” the source told People. “The carrot was that this can all go away and you can serve your time and put it behind you.

Remember, they were facing 20 years, even before the latest charges. The stick was that [the prosecution] would and could pile on more serious charges.”

“They decided to roll the dice,” the source says of the couple, “and it may have been a bad gamble. Now they’re in worse shape than before.”

Respected Contributor

I am so tired of these celebrity types and their attitudes of being special.  I hope she spends a lot of time in the slammer.

Respected Contributor

Buying her way out of trouble just like she bought her daughters way into college...no change, no lesson learned, Lori needs an orange jumpsuit into reality.