Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Wants a Plea Deal, Willing to Pay Substantial Fine

Maybe if she sat in a cell for a few weeks she would not think so much of herself.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am so sick of the bad behavior of these so called celebrities, I don't celebrate people lik this!

She needs to do the time!

Esteemed Contributor

Why didn't they use their $$$ for tutors instead of bribes all these years? This scandal goes much deeper than just the college admissions. How did they graduate from one level to another in the schools? They just didn't become disinterested in their senior years. I have my fingers crossed that justice is served. It's sickening for a two tiered justice system to win out every time.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Maybe she thinks having stupid kids who can't get into college on their own is punishment enough.

@Travone. To tell you the truth, I don’t think those kids even wanted to go to college. I think they were involved in Instagram and some other such things. I don’t think they even went to classes when they bothered to be there. Why do this whole bribing thing when the kids didn’t even care.

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

She deserves jail time for what she did.  At least Felicity Huffman owned up to it and plead guilty. Lori has denied all along that she was in the wrong.  Just because you are a celebrity you are not above the law!

It’s not just being a celebrity, the rich get away with all kinds of crimes because they can afford the best legal representation. It makes me angry when I see this, but it has always been this way. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

She deserves jail time for what she did.  At least Felicity Huffman owned up to it and plead guilty. Lori has denied all along that she was in the wrong.  Just because you are a celebrity you are not above the law!

It’s not just being a celebrity, the rich get away with all kinds of crimes because they can afford the best legal representation. It makes me angry when I see this, but it has always been this way. 

@QVCkitty1.  You're right about that. The rich have been doing this for their kids for a long time. They do it the 'legal' way and make huge donations to the schools to let their little darlings in. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do believe that I read that one or two of the daughters said that they weren't interested in attending college at that specific time.........

There's always plenty of time to attend college, imo.

Sometimes folks take interesting, informative, beneficial classes while working in their business venture/profession, etc., etc.

(Which I've seen successfully happen, btw.)

Sometimes it's not necessary to attend ALL of the required college classes.

Especially when there's plenty of available money to 'dabble' in 'this and that'.

I'm only thinking that, in this case, the parents 'should have left well enough alone'.

Jmo right now, of course.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

She has serious mental issues that she keeps stating she didn’t do anything wrong. When she is sentenced to prison, she’s going to snap.

Valued Contributor

I really feel sorry for the students who didn't get the scholarships these entitled brats were handed. 

Trusted Contributor

If anyone actually thinks she's going to do one minute of jail time, I have a bridge.