Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Reports to Prison!

@San Antonio Gal She just might.  Look at Martha Stewart.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

I was initially disheartened by the magnitude of this story. It was difficult to process how she willfully became entangled in this scheme of privilege; the existence of which is well understood.😞 

The essence of the judge's scathing rebuke at her sentencing, likely put things into perspective for her.

Her shameful fall from grace, and forever sullied reputation, is more punishing than prison could ever be. She will likely be released in a very short period of time, but the public humiliation, and future lack of marketability will last a lifetime. THAT IS punishment.

I do not blame the daughters for the transgressions of their parents, and believe they need at least one parent for support. Having to endure the forced separation, is going to be very difficult for them.

I believe everyone is deserving of a second chance, but understand that my sentiment is likely not shared by many; in this particular case.😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles  - I agree that her short prison sentence is nothing compared to her ruined reputation and damaged career.  I wonder if she'll ever be able to bounce back in hollywood. 

@San Antonio Gal  I pondered the same thing, but because she was beloved by so many fans as the darling of HALLMARK movies, and series, it's a BIG question mark.🤔 I do not believe her crime, although reprehensible, is deserving of a "life sentence." though.😁

Hopefully, she will one day be able to work in Hollywood again in some capacity. Perhaps as a B movie actress?😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

All she's ever been is a "B" (at best) actress... Hallmark nor her other efforts have hardly been Oscar caliber material. Personally, I never cared for her and won't mind not seeing her going forward on a screen of any size. Hoping she decides upon a career change. That said, unless the entertainment industry has undergone an honestly profound change in executing morals clauses, I'd expect she'd eventually resurface in some capacity. More's the pity.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

All she's ever been is a "B" (at best) actress... Hallmark nor her other efforts have hardly been Oscar caliber material. Personally, I never cared for her and won't mind not seeing her going forward on a screen of any size. Hoping she decides upon a career change. That said, unless the entertainment industry has undergone an honestly profound change in executing morals clauses, I'd expect she'd eventually resurface in some capacity. More's the pity.

@stevieb  Yeah, they all do, and not just in Hollywood. Well known people seem to get a pass no matter what.

Super Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

I was initially disheartened by the magnitude of this story. It was difficult to process how she willfully became entangled in this scheme of privilege; the existence of which is well understood.😞 

The essence of the judge's scathing rebuke at her sentencing, likely put things into perspective for her.

Her shameful fall from grace, and forever sullied reputation, is more punishing than prison could ever be. She will likely be released in a very short period of time, but the public humiliation, and future lack of marketability will last a lifetime. THAT IS punishment.

I do not blame the daughters for the transgressions of their parents, and believe they need at least one parent for support. Having to endure the forced separation, is going to be very difficult for them.

I believe everyone is deserving of a second chance, but understand that my sentiment is likely not shared by many; in this particular case.😐

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles  - I agree that her short prison sentence is nothing compared to her ruined reputation and damaged career.  I wonder if she'll ever be able to bounce back in hollywood. 

@San Antonio Gal  I pondered the same thing, but because she was beloved by so many fans as the darling of HALLMARK movies, and series, it's a BIG question mark.🤔 I do not believe her crime, although reprehensible, is deserving of a "life sentence." though.😁

Hopefully, she will one day be able to work in Hollywood again in some capacity. Perhaps as a B movie actress?😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I have never care for Lori, even way back when she was on Full House (I couldn't stand that show and hardly watched it as a kid unless forced to). There was something that struck me as odd about her, maybe disingenuous. While I enjoy Hallmark programming, I still could not watch anything she starred in. This was long before the scandal broke.

Respected Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

If you are I committed a crime there would be no leniency in our sentence.  Lori and her husband need to serve their maximum sentence.   Lori and her family are out of touch with reality.  I can't tolerate people who cheat!

Amen! Preach it, sister! 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I'm hoping after all of this that's happened, they both will see the need to make some changes in their lives and devote the rest of their lives to being honest and forthright. I think it's going to be a rough road ahead but I do believe that people can earn their respect back and deserve a second chance.  I think the judge did the right thing.

They got a slap on the wrist and they should have had the book thrown at them.

Respected Contributor

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I can't understand why someone would display the degree of caring to a total stranger. They couldn't care less about us "commoners" and think they're above the law.

Esteemed Contributor

She got a light sentence.  Remember, a qualified, deserving candidate lost a chance at a slot in the class to a cheat.  

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I can't understand why someone would display the degree of caring to a total stranger. They couldn't care less about us "commoners" and think they're above the law.

@GoneButNotForgotten   I can't understand why someone would display any degree of wishing for the worst to happen to a total stranger.

You are right, though, that Lori etc. do not care about other people but the amusing part is that everyone here makes her fodder for gossip and care enough to post about her.

So really-who has the Lori merry-go-round spinning in their heads?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh