Honored Contributor

Lori Loughlin Moving to Idaho

[ Edited ]

Lori Loughlin is leaving Los Angeles and moving to Idaho

Writtten by Herb Scribner of the Deseret News

Former "When Calls the Heart" star Lori Loughlin, and her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, are reportedly leaving Los Angeles in order to “work on their marriage,” according to Fox News. 

Loughlin and Giannulli both completed their prison sentences in the college admissions scandal. Now, the couple hopes to work on their marriage.

Loughlin and Giannulli plan to move to Idaho, according to a source who spoke to US Weekly Magazine. In fact, the couple hopes to buy a home in Idaho.

“They had looked at homes earlier this year in Idaho and were prepared to move out of Los Angeles, but eventually decided to stay as their daughters really wanted them close by at the time.”

So why Idaho? Well, according to US Weekly, the couple likes a lot about what Idaho has to offer.

• “Lori loves hiking, skiing and the outdoors. Taking long hikes calms her and she looks forward to her hikes daily,” a source told US Weekly Magazine.
  • Giannulli “also loves the outdoors and especially the snowboarding and skiing that Idaho has to offer,” the source said.

What about Giannulli and Loughlin’s daughters? The couple has also been worried about their daughters, Olivia Jade and Isabella Rose Giannulli, who both moved out of their parents’ home during the scandal. That’s why Loughlin and Giannulli feel comfortable getting out of town now since they don’t have to worry about watching their children, per US Weekly Maggazine.

• “Both girls have their own places and are trying to lead a normal life with their own friends and business opportunities,” the source told Us Weekly magazine. “They can start anew and work on their marriage together as the whole college scandal has taken a toll on both of them, as well as their marriage.”

Is Loughlin returning to acting? It’s unclear right now if Lori Loughlin will jump back into acting. But there have been rumors that she might make a return on When Calls the Heart, a Hallmark Channel show where she played Mayor Abigail Stanton.

As of right now, those rumors are unconfirmed. But reports over the last few months suggest Loughlin wants to return to acting in some form now that the college scandal is over.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Moving to Idaho

@World Traveler Color me skeptical about the "working on their marriage."  I predict an end to it by the end of the year.

I'm sure Los Angeles won't miss them. As a transplant from So.Cal. I'm glad they are leaving my much loved home state.

Respected Contributor

They would have a lot more privacy in Idaho, I would think.  

And if she is indeed returning to Hallmark, she would be closer to Canada. I think they film there.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many famous actors live in Ketchum area near SunValley... like Tom Hanks who bought a huge home in Ketchum  and Demi Moore  who lives in a town just a couple miles down the road from Ketchum called Hailey.  No doubt  the Ketchum/sun Valley area  is probably where Lori and her husband  will buy something.

I lived in Ketchum Idaho for 10 years... met my Husband there!  Beautiful area year round but you must love snow and ice... lots ot that in the winter!   And 40 degree below Zero temps!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids    And here I was wondering if Los Angeles could possibly survive without them.  Agree on the marriage thing.  If they have to announce they're "working on it", they're in trouble. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Lot cheaper.

Honored Contributor

I have heard that many law enforcement people have homes in Idaho, like Coeur d'Alene. Not sure why. Relatives of mine have friends who are former cops and mentioned when they visited, there were a lot of law enforcement homeowners in the area.

Really has nothing to do with Lori; just thought it was an interesting fact.

Honored Contributor

They are working on their marriage which means working on their divorce.  Botj their careers are over, they are both convicted felons with prison records.  She's leaving because the life she had and loved is over.  She hopes that if she leaves CA and lays low for a couple of years, perhaps she can get something going in entertainment. That college scheme was probably her idea and her husband went along with it.  It ruined his life and ended their marriage.     

Honored Contributor

I don't care where you move to, your baggage goes along.  I know several movers who thought leaving a certain area could cure their ills but it didn't, issues just don't disappear  they need to be resolved first.  Just my opinion and I know there are always exceptions.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I have heard that many law enforcement people have homes in Idaho, like Coeur d'Alene. Not sure why. Relatives of mine have friends who are former cops and mentioned when they visited, there were a lot of law enforcement homeowners in the area.

Really has nothing to do with Lori; just thought it was an interesting fact

@World Traveler @I think former detective Mark Fuhrman lives or lived in Idaho. I doubt he and Lori L would travel in the same circles