Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Indicted on College Cheating Plot

@KatieB wrote:

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I wonder how long it will take Hallmark to pull her Garage Sale Mysteries from their lineup?  This is beyond disgusting. 

I know...  The Garage Sale Mysteries were my favorite on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries...    Maybe she's already filmed the movies for 2019, at least I hope so..  And hopefully they will show them...

I am hoping they will NOT show them.  Ever again.  Not choose profit over morals.  What kind of example does that set for younger people, that you can do illegal things and still be a tv star?  Jussie S. lost his job very quickly and I hope she does too,.  I will be outraged if she isn't let go by Hallmark and her movies shelved.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB    I imagine they would continue with her movies.  She also has a leading role in WHen Calls the Heart Abigail.  I could be mistaken, but I'm fairley certain they've filmed the whole season thus far. I can see them killing her off accident or something next season if need be, or she moves away.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So Miss Squeaky Clean is about to be nailed. I have never been able to stand this woman. I don't know why but for me she was just 'one of those people' you knew from the get-go you just didn't like... I have tolerated watching her on television only when there were no other viable options. If she pulls in viewers, I don't know if Hallmark will can her or not but if they do, I won't miss her. There are plenty of other women who could take over her roles.

What this gang did in no way is akin to endowing a professorial chair, building a wing, making a donation or giving their child every advantage via good schools, tutors and so on... They flat out tried to buy their children's way into the schools of their choice with payoffs, lying and cheating... There is a world of difference. When someone makes a legitimate contribution to a school, even if their children might later get special consideration because of it, the school and the students attending that school benefit from that new wing, that new library or that especially gifted professor who has been recruited thanks to a generous donation... What these arrogant asses did only benefited themselves... Well, for as long as it lasted...

Well said, @stevieb ,  

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

You look at Lori Loughlin.  Here is a gal who appeared to have everything.  Great career as an actress and producer.  Successful marriage.  Beautiful, healthy daughters.  Great reputation.  Girlfriend had it all.  And poof...just like that all gone for her and her husband;  her daughters having one foot in the door due to her parents is now gone.  And for what?  Because her daughters were above having to do the work to get into their desired college or above going to a school they actually could have gotten into.  I wonder if the colleges are going to kick out these students whose parents cheated their way in. 

Yep, enough is never enough for some of these people.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

All of the parents are wealthy and probably have exceptional educations, except maybe the actors, and they worked hard for their achievements.  Makes you wonder why they did not have the same expectations of hard work and an appreciation of education from their children.

Wouldn't surprise me if many of these parents weren't participants in similar things in their early lives as well. Certainly not all of them, but it really is rampant, cheating in general, at all levels of life. 

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

Felicity Huffman was arrested and Lori Laughlin was charged. Tucker Carlson on Fox is talking about this College Admissions Scam.

Apparently, they paid 200K to 6.5 million to partake. 

I don't watch him.  My preferred news network reported that Lori L. and her husband paid the big bucks for the whole thing, from tests through fake athletic spots and paid six figures.

And that Felicity Huffman paid five figures for someone to take the pre-admission test for one kid.   And didn't for her second kid.  

Still a disgrace and a crime but if that's true these are two very different cases.  Lori L. and her husband are in it up to their necks and Felicity may be in it up to her ankles.

I'm disgusted that people want Lori L. to keep her job, probably a lot of the same people calling for Jussie's head.  Because you enjoy her movies that means she should be given a pass?  Ugh.

Honored Contributor

I would never consider bribing anyone to get my kid into a school! My children all worked hard, earned scholarships, and went to elite and well-known universities. I can only imagine how horrible these kids must feel learning that they had not done as well on the SAT as they had thought....despicable to do this to your own child,
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@elated wrote:

Felicity Huffman was arrested and Lori Laughlin was charged. Tucker Carlson on Fox is talking about this College Admissions Scam.

I don't watch him.  My preferred news network reported that Lori L. and her husband paid the big bucks for the whole thing, from tests through fake athletic spots and paid six figures.

And that Felicity Huffman paid five figures for someone to take the pre-admission test for one kid.   And didn't for her second kid.  

Still a disgrace and a crime but if that's true these are two very different cases.  Lori L. and her husband are in it up to their necks and Felicity may be in it up to her ankles.

I'm disgusted that people want Lori L. to keep her job, probably a lot of the same people calling for Jussie's head.  Because you enjoy her movies that means she should be given a pass?  Ugh.

I thought I had read that Lori Laughlin and hubby had just done the crew buy-in; I didn't realize they did the tests, too.  I knew Huffman did the test for the one girl, and I couldn't tell if Macy was in on that.  But for the second girl he was in on all the discussions but then they opted not buy a test score for the second one.  That was from an article I read.

As previously stated I can see them finishing the season of WCTH and then maybe killing her off or having her move away, but The Garage Sale Mysteries, kind of hard to do those without her.  Now I wonder if it will hurt Huffman's/Macy's careers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm not sure what @gardenman  was saying, but here are my thoughts. My child never had below an A in any class in 13 years of public school, is a National Merit Scholar, graduated high school with a 4.85 GPA in the IB Program & AP courses, and was accepted into ivy leagues based on merit and qualifications. I believe private donations are important for private ivy league schools, but IMO entrance should be based on qualifications & merit. What I did to help my child was to support my child throughout school & model hard work, and I never said "if" you go to an ivy league but rather "when." My child was accepted due to my child's hard work, achievement, and dedication. Neither deception nor cheating ever crossed my child's mind nor mine. My child graduated from 1 ivy league with a double major & is currently working on a doctorate in physics at another ivy league. IMO society loses when truly qualified students who have the potential to make discoveries or make improvements in our lives (energy, medical, etc.) are passed over due to deceptive entrance practices of parents & their students. If the evidence proves the parents' actions, then I hold them culpable along with their students. Their children knew they weren't on those athletic teams, and they were aware of several years of high stakes end-of-school year test scores and their scores on any practice SAT/ACT tests they took online.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@elated wrote:

I thought I had read that Lori Laughlin and hubby had just done the crew buy-in; I didn't realize they did the tests, too.  I knew Huffman did the test for the one girl, and I couldn't tell if Macy was in on that.  But for the second girl he was in on all the discussions but then they opted not buy a test score for the second one.  That was from an article I read.

As previously stated I can see them finishing the season of WCTH and then maybe killing her off or having her move away, but The Garage Sale Mysteries, kind of hard to do those without her.  Now I wonder if it will hurt Huffman's/Macy's careers.

They will cancel the Garage Sale Mysteries. I have never watched WCTH so I don't know if they can edit her out. I think they will figure it out.