Respected Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Indicted on College Cheating Plot

@barb40 wrote:

What a shame people feel so entitled they think they are above the law...

There seems to be a lot of that going around these days.  No one is above the law in my book but I'll bet they never serve a day in jail. 

Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I wonder how long it will take Hallmark to pull her Garage Sale Mysteries from their lineup?  This is beyond disgusting. 

I know...  The Garage Sale Mysteries were my favorite on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries...    Maybe she's already filmed the movies for 2019, at least I hope so..  And hopefully they will show them...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Felicity Huffman was arrested and Lori Laughlin was charged. Tucker Carlson on Fox is talking about this College Admissions Scam.

Apparently, they paid 200K to 6.5 million to partake. 

Honored Contributor

I wish they would state specifically the names of these private firms, businesses and enterprised owned by these lugheads.  All these faceless lugheads.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I don't really blame the parents. If you've got the money and can afford to bribe your kids into a university they want to get in, I suspect many, maybe most, parents would do so. Now those rigging the tests and bribing the coaches for the parents deserve to be punished, but I don't really have an issue with parents doing whatever it takes to get their kids into the school of their choice. In the real world college admissions are as often about who you know as what you know. It's not all a meritocracy. A whole lot of people get into schools they're not really qualified for based on extenuating factors and a whole lot of deserving kids don't get in because they don't know the right people, or have the right connections.

Your take on the parents role in this, and their culpability, sickens me. Everyone involved has a disturbed value system, and I hope everyone participating and found guily of doing so, on every side/level is punished to the fullest extent of the law, as well as sustain the fall from grace in their professions. 

Yep cheating has always existed, but in my book, it is a form of lying, and among the things I simply can't abide, nor do I tolerate people who do it.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I can state with a high degree of certainty that wealthy parents will do whatever it takes to get their kids into elite universities. They'll send them to private schools with good records of getting students admitted to elite universities. They'll hire private tutors to train their kids. They'll do whatever it takes. Is it so different to bribe a school official to achieve the same goal? When a performer gives millions to have a performing arts center built or updated and then their child goes to that same school, is it completely on that child's merit. No. When Regis Philbin's daughters went to Notre Dame was it because they were among the most qualified, or did Regis being a generous benefactor play a role? 

There is a huge difference between putting kids in good schools to learn, hiring tutors, paying for camps, seminars etc. that teach, enrich, encourage, and paying actual bribes and cheating the system to the extent this affair seems to be uncovering. 

Having the money or making sacrifices to give your kids exceptional educational opportunities is not the same thing as the bribing and cheating that this scandal is all about. 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just finished reading an article on LL's daughter, Olivia.  She is in college but has no plans to attend classes.  She states that she is in it for the parties.  Her dorm room is outfitted by Amazon.  She apparently is not happy that the college will not let her remove items from the room.  She has the bulletin board covered and has covered most of the furniture.

What a disconnect.  We have great students who cannot afford to attend college, students working multiple jobs so that they can attend, and parents who take out loans.   LL should be ashamed.   

Most of us think of LL as a wonderful person, and she may be, but it is outrageous that she paid approximately $500K for her daughter to take up a space in college that a real student could have.  I wonder what this will do to her future with Hallmark.

I was pretty disgusted with this, as I thought Lori was better than this, but I guess I just buy into her characters she portrays on TV. 

One of the first things I thought of as well, was what this might mean for her work with Hallmark. What Hallmark does with this and how they handle it will tell me a lot about them. 

If what is being reported is true, I sincerely hope she is held accountable not only legally, but in her work as well. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I wish they would state specifically the names of these private firms, businesses and enterprised owned by these lugheads.  All these faceless lugheads.

THe list is out there on multiple sites.  The only people I knew were teh two actresses.

I forgot Lori was married to Mossino

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

No photo description available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, Miss Squeaky Clean is about to be nailed. I have never been able to stand this woman. I don't know why but for me she was just 'one of those people' you knew from the get-go you just didn't like... I have tolerated watching her on television only when there were no other viable options. If she pulls in viewers, I don't know if Hallmark will can her or not but if they do, I won't miss her. There are plenty of other women who could take over her roles.

What this gang did in no way is akin to endowing a professorial chair, building a wing, making a donation or giving their child every advantage via good schools, tutors and so on... They flat out tried to buy their children's way into the schools of their choice with payoffs, lying and cheating... There is a world of difference. When someone makes a legitimate contribution to a school, even if their children might later get special consideration because of it, the school and the students attending that school benefit from that new wing, that new library or that especially gifted professor who has been recruited thanks to a generous donation... What these arrogant asses did only benefited themselves... Well, for as long as it lasted...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...