Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Indicted on College Cheating Plot

I heard on a news report that this has been going on since 2011. I'm wondering what other famous names (if any) will come out.

Respected Contributor

@ginirn wrote:

This is nothing new except for prosecuting someone for it.  Wealthy people have been donating money and buildings since this country began so their kids can go there.

So, it’s OK to have someone else take your daughter’s SAT?  

Respected Contributor

@Emma Bunting wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I don't really blame the parents. If you've got the money and can afford to bribe your kids into a university they want to get in, I suspect many, maybe most, parents would do so. Now those rigging the tests and bribing the coaches for the parents deserve to be punished, but I don't really have an issue with parents doing whatever it takes to get their kids into the school of their choice. In the real world college admissions are as often about who you know as what you know. It's not all a meritocracy. A whole lot of people get into schools they're not really qualified for based on extenuating factors and a whole lot of deserving kids don't get in because they don't know the right people, or have the right connections.

You don't have an issue with bribery? Wow. 

I’m shocked at the amount of people who thinks it’s OK to bribe someone to take your SAT test.  What does this teach your child?

Respected Contributor

Lori L. and Felicity H.--their careers are over.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You'll never convince me some of these kids 'had no idea'... Let's face it, by the time you're college age, you know how well you did in school, or not... You know how bright you are, or not... You have some inkling how you did on standardized tests, or not... You certainly know the sports you played or not... And if you did play, you know whether you were good enough to warrant acceptance to a major university based on your skill, or not... Come on, these kids aren't idiots... or are they...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Lori Loughlin’s Daughter: ‘I Don't Really Care About School’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eWmZmVd9XY

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

The accused are facing some big time charges.  The Feds are involved.

I heard Lori Laughlin's husband who is suppose to be worth 55 million had to use their house as collarteral.  Don't get it.  If you have all this money why would you have to do that?

Respected Contributor

Why do these fools think they never will get caught, and then ruin there careers. So foolish !!  Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

You'll never convince me some of these kids 'had no idea'... Let's face it, by the time you're college age, you know how well you did in school, or not... You know how bright you are, or not... You have some inkling how you did on standardized tests, or not... You certainly know the sports you played or not... And if you did play, you know whether you were good enough to warrant acceptance to a major university based on your skill, or not... Come on, these kids aren't idiots... or are they...

Maybe the Huffman kid just figured wow, I can't believe I did so well on the SAT.  I doubt it but maybe.  But there's no way those Loughlin kids didn't know exactly what was going on.   But the one kid is a ...what are they called?  Social influencer or something?  So she is used to being paid for doing youtube videos praising things she's probably never used, so why not get into college for a sport she's never played.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Maybe the Huffman kid just figured wow, I can't believe I did so well on the SAT.  I doubt it but maybe.  But there's no way those Loughlin kids didn't know exactly what was going on.   But the one kid is a ...what are they called?  Social influencer or something?  So she is used to being paid for doing youtube videos praising things she's probably never used, so why not get into college for a sport she's never played.

I took a look at Lori Loughlin’s daughter’s youtube channel, yup, her daughter Olivia Jade is a social media influencer who apparently doesn’t really want to be a college student and go to class and study. The public is dragging her in her video comments section about the scandal. I guess if you are going to fake your way into a top school and likely take that spot away from a real student you can expect karma to pay you a visit.

I wonder if Lori Loughlin will be allowed back into Canada to work as she will likely have to surrender her passport when she’s arrested in the U.S.