Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Indicted on College Cheating Plot

Hallmark can very easily write LL out of the show.  They were able to write out Daniel Lissing who was, to me, a more important character than LL, and the show has the highest ratings its ever had.

They don't need Garage Sale Mysteries.  Than one can go quietly into the sunset and take the reruns out of rotation.  They have a ton of new mystery series coming up, so GSM is no longer needed.

I'm glad Hallmark is not making a snap decision on this.  I really hate when the decision is made before all the facts are in.  I do hope they terminate their relationship, though.

I think the that if Hallmark wants to keep LL, they will hang their hat on the fact that they hired Martha Stewart right out of prison.  While Martha went to prison for lying  to investigator (not securities fraud), they may say "we believe in giving people second chances."

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I was the secretary to a high school principal in a lower-middle-class to middle class high school.  A lot of single parents, a lot of students in one family with different last names.  Many "dreamers".  My school was black, hispanic, Indian with whites being the minority.

In the 12 years I worked there, 2 of our ordinary below middle class students were accepted into Harvard.  They each turned Harvard down.  Jesse was also accepted to Princeton, where he graduated.  Lara is now finishing up her 2nd year at the US Naval Academy at Anapolis.  They are both very smart, AP classes since 10th grade and they worked their buns off. 

A few went to Georgetown, one graduated UCLA.  

My point is that these students at this high school come from very diverse backgrounds, worked hard for every grade and are on their way to a very successful life.  No one had over the top wealthy parents, or even almost wealthy parents, to make their lives easier.  These students appreciate every bit they have earned, as they should.  They are not going to college to party party party.

I have never watched Lori Loughlin on a TV show, except for her appearances on Kathie Lee & Hoda's show.  And there she sat going on about her "faith", etc.  Give me a break.  Where in the Bible does it talk about cheating to get your undeserving children into schools they have no right going to?

I'm surprised Hallmark has been very quiet so far.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  Lori L could get 20 years in a federal prison for this.  I don't think Hallmark will wait that long.

This scheme is really big with up to 50 plus people involved.  I have a feeling they are going to be made an example of what not to do.

Honored Contributor

I hope she gets as much time as Martha got. She is the yardstick by which I measure all sentences.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

'LL is allowed to keep her passport for work in Canada, so she can work for Hallmark. But will she.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35   Martha only got five months in jail, five months confined to her home and two years probation.

I think Lori  and friends are looking at a lot more time than that..but who knows for sure?

Valued Contributor

I don't feel sorry for those who cheat the system.   They knew it was wrong.

Trusted Contributor

@roeroe1005
I love, love, love your post. So well-said. The lack of humility and gratitude from these privileged students is astounding. An education at a top-notch private college is something most people in this country can only dream about. To be cavalier about attending Georgetown or USC is just incredible...these schools cost almost $35,000 a year in tuition!
And parents paying for what kids should have earned on their own is not only criminal and morally wrong, it's downright humiliating. Amongst the indicted are hedge fund managers, a doctor, a lawyer and prominent business owners. How can these people face their patients, their clients, their friends, their other children?? The embarrassment alone would kill me!
Trusted Contributor

This story has been disgusting to read for so many reasons. I know so many young adults who worked so hard to get into to college, without cheating or their parents bribing anyone, or anyone taking tests for them.

I think the others involved in this raid also need to be identified. Why would only 2 of them be all over the news and not the others. Has anyone seen the others? I have only saw one article on a lawyer who was involved buying his daughter into school.

I am not defending the two actresses at all, but if they are being shamed and dragged through the mud each day, I think all of them should be. JMO.   

Honored Contributor

I like to think that Lori's daughter is the exception and that not all of the kids who benefitted from this scam are just sitting in their dorms killing time.  Lori's daughter knew as she was a cc on one of the emails about how her daughter didn't do any of the applications and could someone take care of it for her.

I feel sorry for the kids who didn't know this was going on and thought they got in on their own or scored as high as they did on the tests.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN