Valued Contributor

Re: Lori Loughlin Indicted on College Cheating Plot

@sunshine45 wrote:

whether it has been going on for ages or not, it is GOOD that this is getting some mainstream exposure, no matter WHO is involved. the more we learn about it the better.

And the FBI stumbled upon all of this while investigating a completely different issue.

Funny how years ago, Mossimo was quoted as saying the absolute worse thing he could ever imagine happening to him or anyone else is public humiliation. Seems he and Lori have hit the mother lode in that arena. Sad and pathetic...

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Lori L. and Felicity H.--their careers are over.

This is how tragic this whole thing is. These are women whose work I’ve enjoyed in the past. 

True enough, I could never ever watch them again because of this.

The”....it’s always been there, everybody does it, fame makes it OK,” perspective is lost entirely on me.

I spent many years begging for accommodations for bright, hard working, VALUABLE KIDS who had tested, identified, LEGITIMATE learning disabilities, and THEY are now watching a kid on TV whose mommy has BOUGHT them a spot in a prestige school so they can PARTY?

I don’t remember which “family” that particular girl came from, but anyone who would represent a rich kid as a child with a learning disability so they could enjoy the educational benefit of ”partying” deserves a major lesson in empathy.

Honored Contributor

Lori Loughlin exerted her clout on When Calls the Heart  about two years ago and insisted on some changes because she wanted the show to be about strong powerful and independent women.

And yet she's raising two brats who can't even be bothered to get out of bed in the morning.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

paying to have someone take a test for your child/change test scores boggles the mind. Huffman's child's SAT went up 400 points from her PSAT.  400 points.

also we know that among the others charged there were lies about ethnicity of applicant. . .  ick - just ick.  

and apparently there may be more indictments to come 

Super Contributor

What's truly a shame is these parents have such little faith in their children that they need to cheat to get them in to the college of their choice.  That's not sending a positive message about them having faith in their parenting skills as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Mumof2 wrote:

What's truly a shame is these parents have such little faith in their children that they need to cheat to get them in to the college of their choice.  That's not sending a positive message about them having faith in their parenting skills as well.  

Brilliant statement. @Mumof2 

Honored Contributor

As for Loughlin, once episodes 'in the can' are burned off, Hallmark can easily recast her role on both shows in which she currently appears. I'll be curious to see if they do or if they just let this ride or cancel the shows altogether. I don't think they will do the latter. They like to project a wholesome image, but if they're making money from these shows, well, we'll see... My personal view is that this woman is not such a gifted actress, like by a mile, that another actress couldn't step in to either of these roles and do as good or a better job... When Calls the Heart is so much of an ensemble that she would be very easy to replace.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This sends all sorts of bad messages to children.

Honored Contributor

Felicity Huffman is in it for $15,000 and the test, not the college.  They sent FBI agents with guns drawn to her house and to me that seems excessive.  Lori Loughlin and her husband, that's another story, I hope they throw the book at them.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

As for Loughlin, once episodes 'in the can' are burned off, Hallmark can easily recast her role on both shows in which she currently appears. I'll be curious to see if they do or if they just let this ride or cancel the shows altogether. I don't think they will do the latter. They like to project a wholesome image, but if they're making money from these shows, well, we'll see... My personal view is that this woman is not such a gifted actress, like by a mile, that another actress couldn't step in to either of these roles and do as good or a better job... When Calls the Heart is so much of an ensemble that she would be very easy to replace.

I see no way Hallmark or Netflix can continue to air those shows.  They have to sever the relationship and they have to not show her ever again. 

Anything less would be morally wrong and also result in a PR nightmare.  I don't care how much money she's worth to them, she's not worth the networks' reputations.