Trusted Contributor

Re: Looks like I’m the minority, but I can’t stand Beth Dutton

I am probably in the minority here but I have not watched any of Yellowstone. I think I tried to watch it and it didn't grab me. Maybe I will try again. 

Honored Contributor

I get what you're saying about *her* as she plays the role of Beth Dutton.  

They (the writers) give her the lines that everyone is high-fiving her for.  That's the way it works in televisionland and the movies.

I did watch the first few minutes of the newest season to see who all survived the explosion.  It was kind of laughable that her blouse gets blown open, but her wig doesn't get blown off.  lol 

But I can't handle the violence and don't watch it, I kinda stay out of the room when my husband has it on.

Honored Contributor

Kelly Reilly is excellent in the role of Beth.

Smart and cunning but also proof that money cannot buy class.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mdgrammy wrote:

She acts like such a bad axx and the way she talks to that 14 yr old boy makes me cringe. 

but I love the show!

That boy isn't an ordinary 14yo. I think Beth definitely knows that. Makes me wonder if she is just walking in her dad's footsteps when he took young, troubled Rip into his family years ago. 

Esteemed Contributor

Am not crazy about the character 'Beth', but think actor is doing a good job portraying this ranch woman.  She is crude, a fighter and a rebel.  And she makes me cringe - quite often. 

Respected Contributor

I love her character   I was more upet about how Rip was treating the boy. Beth tried with him he will just have to learn the hard way.

Honored Contributor

@mdgrammy   She is a very tough cookie no doubt. Many of us chat it up on the 'tv/movie' forum here if you look for this show - Yellowstone.

It's a love/hate relationship for sure with Beth. Do not cross her path!!!!