Honored Contributor

Looking for title of movie

[ Edited ]

OK.  I saw this movie on one of the premium movie channels on cable.  Like HBO, etc.  I saw most of the movie, but I can't remember the title.  Driving me nuts!  Here is the plot:

A woman is an unknown city is a real estate agent.  But she's very bad at it.  She never makes a sale. One day she receives an envelope sent to her office with $500.00 cash in it.  The sender does not leave a name.  Just an offer to keep the money.  She does. Soon every week after, she gets more more and more money.  Each time the sender says it's a gift.  Finally, she gets an offer of $500,000.00 IF she will kill a random stranger.  Shes' not going to, but she is called in to her supervisor's office.  She thinks she's going to be fired. Instead she finds out her sale of the Realtors most expensive home was sold by her. And she is offered a very high position.  She thinks of this and the offer from the stranger.  She quits the  Real Estate office and goes off to kill a random stranger.  I won't tell the ending, it has quite a twist. But that is the story.  Now comes the odd part.  The movie was made in the UAE.  But it's in English.  I have no idea who the actors are. I think it was made about 2011 (something like that) It's a horror story.  I saw it around last Nov-Dec I haven seen it back yet.   I think it was on HBO.  I have all the movie channels. 

Anoyone know the title?  I've googled around and I can't find anything like the plot.  I missed the first section of the movie. But it was a compelling movie. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for title of movie

Is it "the perfect plan"?
Honored Contributor

if you know the actors you can backtrack with IMDB

Honored Contributor

@willomenia @jackthebear  Since I don't know the title, I googgled it. There are two films with that title.  I checked the 2nd one (2010) which I think is the film I saw.  I kind of remembered her name Lauren. (and the girl was blonde)   I don't know any of the actors.  None of them are famous. The only thing is I don't remember her selling the house to a brother and sister. You don't know who is sending her the money. I don't want to give away the ending in case you would like to see it. I only saw the film once and I missed the very beginning.  The strange part about the film (was supposed to be Chicago) was that it felt more like set.  Hard to explain.  But I don't think the buget was veryhigh  for the film. 

Did you see it?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird"Now comes the odd part. The movie was made in the UAE. But it's in English."

The 2010 version was made in several cities around Canada.  What makes you certain the film you saw was made in the UAE?

Did you check On Demand for the movie?

EDIT:  The 2010 version is on YouTube - the full movie.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@songbird"Now comes the odd part. The movie was made in the UAE. But it's in English."

The 2010 version was made in several cities around Canada.  What makes you certain the film you saw was made in the UAE?

Because I watched the closing credits. Some scenes were shot in UAE.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

Because I watched the closing credits. Some scenes were shot in UAE.  

I'm still not sure it's the same film.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I'm still not sure it's the same film.

@songbird   I didn't think so because NONE of the 2010 movie scenes were shot in the UAE.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif