Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a Netflix movie?

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

Watched I CARE A LOT with family last night. Good & different plot twist.

Busy day - Relaxing. I think... Watching BLOCK ISLAND now. Some Sci Fi stuff. Hmmm. They may have lost me at the mention of lizard people. Have a good evening! Stay healthy.

I haven't seen the movie but the story is loosely based on true events regarding elder guardianship abuse. 

Scary stuff!  Google April Parks.  She was an abusive  guardian for seniors and had crooked attorneys and judges helping her to scam these poor people!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your recommendations. I'll definately look into these. I've had a busy, distracted month and things are slowing down. 

I'm watching Firefly Lane - 1 episode. Two childhood friends - opposites - walk through life together.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake I found the movie interesting particulary today when there is a problem with conservativeship between Brittany Spears and her father.  I think there are two senators or congressmen who are looking at a bill that protects the vunerable.

Esteemed Contributor

Doing that sinus infection / spring allergies thing today and watched Black and White, on Netflix, with Kevin Costner. Made me cry. I'm not one to easily cry. Good news -- there is a happy ending! Thanks, posters, for that suggestion

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I would second @Lisa now in AZ @'s recommendation of Penguin Bloom. 
 Admitting upfront my taste's may be different from yours, but I would recommend Hillbilly Elegy in movies.

In series, Unorthodox, Queen of the South, The Crown and In The Dark all held my interest, which is what I'm looking for while putting in the miles on my stationary bike! I'll probably watch Selena, too. 

Two documentaries I really enjoyed were Clive Davis, The Soundtrack of Our Lives and Echo in the Canyon.

All the above are on Netflix.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

I would second @Lisa now in AZ @'s recommendation of Penguin Bloom. 
 Admitting upfront my taste's may be different from yours, but I would recommend Hillbilly Elegy in movies.

In series, Unorthodox, Queen of the South, The Crown and In The Dark all held my interest, which is what I'm looking for while putting in the miles on my stationary bike! I'll probably watch Selena, too. 

Two documentaries I really enjoyed were Clive Davis, The Soundtrack of Our Lives and Echo in the Canyon.

All the above are on Netflix.

@cantdrive55  Watched the Clive Davis documentary and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Respected Contributor

We watched "Operation Varsity Blues" last night about the college entrance scandal.

we live in a country (world?) where money talks