Trusted Contributor

Looking Forward to Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Special Tomorrow

[ Edited ]

I love Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga together with him has been a real treat.  I never knew how beautiful her voice was until she teamed up with Tony.

I am looking forward to the special on CBS tomorrow night. (Sun, 11/28)

It is so sad to see Tony age and suffer with dementia.  The special will be bittersweet.  It is so amazing how Tony knows the music.  That's the magic of music, it's part of our soul no matter what.

I am also looking forward to watching an entertaining show with real, beautiful music for a change.  I got their new CD "Love for Sale," and I think it's my favorite one they've done together.

Enjoy it if you're going to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking Forward to Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Special Tomorrow

love lady gaga....never cared for tony bennett.....

Valued Contributor

Don't care for either 

Honored Contributor

So surprised at how talented she is performing jazz...a natural...right out of the 1930's and 40's.  

I will be watching.  I think the two together are spectacular.  

Honored Contributor

As always I first saw it mentioned here a few days ago and was so glad!

I loved that first show they did together-wonderful!

I'll be watching too.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I love Tony Bennett and wised I had the opportunity to see him in person.  I love his phrasing and timing. I always thought he was cool and a perfect singer for a jazz super club.  In earlier years, he spoke about the influence of some of the great women jazz singers Isuch as Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald had on his singing. In some ways,  he reminds me of Mel Torme. I hope that his art work is displayed in museums across the country.

Lady Gaga is importajnt for him and I like some of her perfomances.  Too often, the theatrics, e.g. stretching out on the piano and the twirling of her gowns, is distracting.  

Honored Contributor

I'll be watching.  CBS, 8:00 PM, Sunday evening.  Love Tony and Gaga together.  Heart

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

It is a thrill to see the musical chemistry between Lady GaGa and Tony Bennett.  I too look forward to seeing this show.

One of my all time favorite songs sung by Bennett is When Joanna Loved Me.  He also did a great duet with KD Lang singing Moonglow, a favorite of mine beautifully done.

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

love lady gaga....never cared for tony bennett.....

Love, Tony Bennet, never cared for Lady Gaga

Respected Contributor

Lady Gaga is an amazing lady with an incredible voice. I saw her on TV recently talking about this last special with Tony and she genuinely cares for him. She said he comes back to himself when he's singing with her. 

Several years ago I was on her Facebook page and fibromyalgia was the topic, do you know she messaged me and we had a text chat on our condition. I never forgot that and she has it and can somehow STILL perform. She's a hard worker and loves her craft.