Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Looking For Mr. Goodbar - 5/11/2020 👍🏾

Same here @CANDLEQUEEN talk about a blast from the past!  I have not seen that movie in many moons.  I will have to put this on my to be watched list.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

The MOVIES channel

10:30pm EST

Starring:  Richard Gere, Tuesday Weld, Diane Keaton

A dedicated schoolteacher spends her nights cruising bars, looking for abusive men with whom she can engage in progressively violent sexual encounters.

The movie is based on a New York City schoolteacher Roseann Quinn, who led a double life.

@Mz iMac   I now see it is on again tonight on the Movies Channel so may watch the ending.

@Mz iMac   I tuned in last night just in time to see the ending, creepy.  I didn't see the scene I mentioned about her getting into a car on top of a guy, so must have changed the channel or it was deleted.

What do girls living her lifestyle expect, bringing in strangers, playing with fire, I say.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady

@Shelbelle

@Jordan2  

Agree...read the book, saw the movie.  

Both were awful...have no idea why I put myself through the movie after reading the book.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

I couldn't agree more. I'd read the book, too (and it was a novel, based as many are, on a true event), yet I still saw the movie. I've only walked out on one movie in my life, and LFMG wasn't it, yet I remember it well.

There were significant differences between the novel and the movie. And though Quinn's...proclivities...also appeared in the fictionalized version(s), the fully-realized character of Theresa was all Rossner's.

What worries you masters you.