Honored Contributor

Looking At the Show's I have DVR'd...Says Something About My Brain!

OMG!  I just looked at the titles I have on my DVR that I've copied for another day/time.

There's "EVIL TWINS", "Forensic Files" (5 of them), several versions of "Dateline" (all are about murder mystery),  "See No Evil" (about how cameras help capture mostly murders), and on and on.

OK, so there's the occasional soap (ever day, gotta have my 2 soaps), and "Game of Thrones", "Chicago PD".

But mostly it's shows about murders (people who've been caught) and police chases, etc.

I think it just MIGHT say something about my personality that I have never DVR'd any of the Hallmark series or anything remotely heartfelt and 'uplifting'.

My version of 'uplifting' is seeing a murderer or anyone who hurts (even feelings) get what's coming to them.

I think I just might need to 'unplug and plug back in' my thought process because just maybe something is misfiring.

Isn't that what they tell you to do when you call Comcast and tell them your TV is going kinda crazy?

I prefer to think of myself as someone who always wants to (at least try) to envision terrible people getting what's coming to them...yes, I'll go with that; and that way I can stay away from a psychiatrist's couch....Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking At the Show's I have DVR'd...Says Something About My Brain!

You bring up an interesting topic. I myself never watch true crime or fictional crime or cop shows. I’m kind of squeamish when it comes to violence. I love English shows, some comedy, cooking, and some news programs. Thank goodness for , Amazon , Netflix, and , Britbox, because reality shows and network tv aren’t my cup of tea. I don’t know or care what it says about me, I just like what I like.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   You've been paged twice by @Tweety68 in PetLovers.  I thought you would notice the page in your own thread so am posting it here.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

@NickNack ,thankyou. 

Frequent Contributor

I watch all of the murder shows on Investigation Discovery, Dateline, 20/20 & 48 hours.

Those of U who live In Connecticut will understand - I have seen more blood splatter than Dr. Henry Lee.

Hoping Joe Kenda will knock on my door! 

Respected Contributor

I, too, am hooked on true crime shows. They really are fascinating. Lately I've also been watching Live PD on A and E. People really are idiots.

Respected Contributor

@ImABoor   Yes, isn't he a wonder?  He visited high schools in CT to let them know what the job of a medical examiner was.  My children were lucky enough to attend one of his lectures.

At one point I think he was a faculty member of the University of New Haven.

Trusted Contributor

They say women love true crime shows.  I watch so many I.D. shows and so does my sister.  See No Evil, Joe Kenda, The shows about winter (cold state) killings, the one about internet killings are some of my favorites.  Evil Lives Here is another one I never miss.   

Honored Contributor

I have no interest at all in true crime shows and I don’t understand the attraction to them. Currently watching the NBA finals.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
I have no interest at all in true crime shows and I don’t understand the attraction to them. Currently watching the NBA finals.

I watch all the programs that @Annabellethecat66 does, but I am WAY behind with the NBA and NHL playoffs. At least I will have something to watch after they are over though.

My husband says I do need help, especially when we're driving and I point out good places to bury someone. I told him to stay on my good side and nothing will happen to him!

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish